anyone ridden a Chilli Fire Chief

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Fun looking little round nose, round tail twin. Saw a guy on one locally ripping. Just wondering if anyone had ridden and had feedback

Reactions: JDJ

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Let’s hope they are life changing because I just ordered one. They have a twin plus trailer set up- said that’s what most people there are riding. Will let you know in 6 to 8 weeks!

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
unfortunately got nothing for you. after about 4 months i asked them if they could give me an eta or my money back. i mainly was just annoyed and blowing off steam. i didn't expect a refund. but their customer service was A++. they apologized a ton and refunded the next day. i'm still bummed i never got to try it. looks like a blast. maybe when wait times go back to normal i'll try again.

• Sad
Reactions: Aruka

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I found it kinda funny their IG has tons of pics of pastel colored boars but I havent seen a single video of one being surfed. Same goes for their fish.

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
unfortunately got nothing for you. after about 4 months i asked them if they could give me an eta or my money back. i mainly was just annoyed and blowing off steam. i didn't expect a refund. but their customer service was A++. they apologized a ton and refunded the next day. i'm still bummed i never got to try it. looks like a blast. maybe when wait times go back to normal i'll try again.
Last custom I got from them took about 4-5 months. This was precovid. Ordered through a local shop right around the time the Chilli USA thing started. Color was off and was a different build then I ordered. The board went pretty good but wasn't most durable I've had by any means. They hooked up a discount but kinda turned me off of ordering another from them.

Jan 3, 2017
Bummer. Looks like a really fun board for the east coast. Especially now that a black dart build is available.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
With sufficient staffing, how long should a board take? Is it just that shapers with 2+ months wait (precovid) dont want to hire the additional help? Would they hire more help if there was enough skilled labor? I never understood this about the industry.

surfMOMster

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 18, 2003
Redondo Ave's
If it doesn't work out for you, dibs on sloppy seconds!

Did you pick it up at their new location? They're like a short two minute bike ride away.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

How long was the quoted wait time?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Picked it up today, feels great! Flat-ish rocker will go fast and make sections for reconnects. And HP shortboard rails, not strictly a full time grovel board. Give it a go tomorrow if I don’t pick up any OT at workView attachment 109324View attachment 109325View attachment 109326View attachment 109327View attachment 109328
Nice :shaka: Froshman year of high school I had a magic Morning Star same color I let Dave Puu do what ever he wanted including color. I wish I still had that board many magic daze:bowdown: