Anyone looking for a sweet dog? (aussie shepherd)

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
It's time. We have to part ways with our 3 y/o pure bred aussie.
She's super sweet with all humans, but living in a household with another dog is a no-go.
(See this thread for history of her issues with our our other dog: https://forum.surfer.com/index.php?threads/i-think-i-have-to-get-rid-of-my-dog-my-scrotum-got-bit.230261/ )

I feel terrible and like we failed her as a family, but with my wife's mobility issues in the last 18 months it's just impossible to give her the engagement and activity she needs.
I'm hoping to find someone who will give her a loving home and lots of companionship. She will run on leash or hike off leash for miles and miles.

Full disclosure, she does not get along well with loose chickens who run away from her (don't ask me how I know....)

Let me know if any of you in CA are interested. Her name is Starla (like the Smashing Pumpkins song)

IMG-6354 Cropped.jpg

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG-7025.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Man, I remember you posting pics of her, but that is one beautiful Tri.
I'd take her in a second if we didn't have 3 very territorial cats which is strange because all 3 adore Cojo, other dogs not so much.
You shouldn't have any problem finding a home for her.
Check out this Facebook link:

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
What's wrong with your wife?
Um, are you baiting me to say something? Did she pay you to ask that question? ;)

Osteoarthritis in her hip. Running is impossible and walking or hiking for more than 1/2 mile will often leave her in 6 or 7 out of 10 pain (standing, wlaking, laying down, etc....) She basically lives constantly through moderate-high pain.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
It's time. We have to part ways with our 3 y/o pure bred aussie.
She's super sweet with all humans, but living in a household with another dog is a no-go.
(See this thread for history of her issues with our our other dog: https://forum.surfer.com/index.php?threads/i-think-i-have-to-get-rid-of-my-dog-my-scrotum-got-bit.230261/ )

I feel terrible and like we failed her as a family, but with my wife's mobility issues in the last 18 months it's just impossible to give her the engagement and activity she needs.
I'm hoping to find someone who will give her a loving home and lots of companionship. She will run on leash or hike off leash for miles and miles.

Full disclosure, she does not get along well with loose chickens who run away from her (don't ask me how I know....)

Let me know if any of you in CA are interested. Her name is Starla (like the Smashing Pumpkins song)

View attachment 109301

View attachment 109302

View attachment 109306
Really pretty dog. Would she get along with a psycho kitty? Or do you think she see the kitty as a furry chicken?

• Haha
Reactions: keenfish

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Really pretty dog. Would she get along with a psycho kitty? Or do you think she see the kitty as a furry chicken?
I actually think she'd be fine.
We have an outside cat whom she loves and gets along with well. I honestly think, unless she felt really threatened, she's WAY too smart to tangle with a cat. She knows about those claws and that cats don't pull punches as often as dogs.

Also, to be fair to her, our dog who she attacked is a little sh!t. He's like scrappy doo trying to instigate play fighting with her so often, but cats don't really do that.

Reactions: mundus

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
The chicken had taken a lethal dose of fentanyl and was not cooperating. The video will exonerate.
Funny enough, the chicken survived with only a few punctures and a ton of missing feathers. No vet treatment either. Chicken are tough AF :roflmao: