Anyone know Barbados surfing?

Jan 8, 2023
I may be going for a month in May and 6 months from October. Does anyone know which beaches work in May?

Also, any recommendations on airlines that fly to the caribbean (with surfboard)? I've heard some are better than others generally.

Or.. anyone know if you can buy shortboards on the island and prices?

I would assume the surf is pretty weak in May and okay from Oct-Mar. Where? Depends on swell direction. A good North swell the West coast lights up and there is a lot to choose from. East coast pretty consistent swell wise, trade winds usually onshore though. You need to keep your eye on the wind forecast. South coast pretty consistent too, usually low period swells and west swells that wrap up around the island in some spots and trade winds mean offshore in some spots too. A basic look at the islands geography you should be able to work out where to go depending on swell + wind.
Another route depending on budget is to hire some local knowledge - https://surfinbarbados.com/service/surf-tours/.
I am headed there next weekend for a few days. Anyone from the erBB around?
Where are you flying from? From NYC you can only fly JetBlue direct and they are quite onerous with regards to surfboard travel.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2023
Thx for info. Just found that magic seaweed has reports for breaks all around the island.

Dang NYC is where I would be flying from. What do you mean jetblue is onerous about surfboard travel? and how much do they tend to charge?

Thx for info. Just found that magic seaweed has reports for breaks all around the island.

Dang NYC is where I would be flying from. What do you mean jetblue is onerous about surfboard travel? and how much do they tend to charge?
They tend to be picky if you are traveling with +1 surfboard, and it's about 100 bucks per board.

dk1973

OTF status
Jun 11, 2011
I may be going for a month in May and 6 months from October. Does anyone know which beaches work in May?

Also, any recommendations on airlines that fly to the caribbean (with surfboard)? I've heard some are better than others generally.

Or.. anyone know if you can buy shortboards on the island and prices?
American Airlines is good to fly there and I believe surfboards are considered luggage so not much for extra charges... In may you can find tradewind swells on south coast spots like south point and brandons can be fun. Also pretty consistent on the east side in Bathsheba spots like soupbowls and parlors. Barbados is a fun time! Be respectful in the water and dont drop in on the rastas...

Reactions: manel85
Jan 8, 2023
Yeah I dropped the idea of Barbados. Probably wouldnt have gone well anyways as I would have been unable to not trash Rhianna's music.