Anyone interested in a Kai front wing for cheap?

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
I don't think I'll ever use it since I have the GL140.

These retail for $400, a good deal at $200. It's the 1.5 model so it's alot lighter than the gen1.

Honestly don't think I've ever used it, I'll post up pics if anyone is interested. May sell my Iwa tail too (bigger than Kai tail smaller than Maliko tail).

juandesooka

OTF status
Jan 12, 2009
I am tempted, only because I am in rabid foil collection mode. But I better pass.

Currently, I am in a deep crush with my Kai wing, best of the bunch for my new-to-me Kai/Iwa/M200 combo. Perhaps because I only use it in the biggest and best waves. Well, maybe the M200 is a contender, with its magic glide and lift on smaller days. But the Iwa with Kai tail has been pretty rad too. Lucky I don't need to choose just one, I can sample the pleasures they all offer.

OTOH I just built a GL210 copy, to be tested this weekend and just cut out the profile for a GL140 homage. Maybe I'll be selling my 1st gen wings too too. ;-)

grendel95

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 1, 2005
SJC
Are the newer go foil wings compatible with the old masts?

I remember there was some talk of fit issues with Iwa wings if folks upgraded from their gen 1 Kai wings.

juandesooka

OTF status
Jan 12, 2009
I see Kaser's post on craigslist hawaii and then also a bunch more. GoFoil wings are selling quite cheap, probably because so many riders are switching to the GL series but keeping the mast/fuselage.

Grendel: I believe so. GoFoil says so for the new masts, but I don't know how far back that goes. I also don't really have a sense of how critical these past fit issues are. I understand each wing was custom fitted to the fuselage ... but if that just means sanding off a mm or adding a shim, seems it should be macgyver-able. Our crew's FrankenFoils have gone way past that, scavenging for workable foil bits in the cold dark Canadian winter. ;-)

Reactions: Kaser1

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
I see Kaser's post on craigslist hawaii and then also a bunch more. GoFoil wings are selling quite cheap, probably because so many riders are switching to the GL series but keeping the mast/fuselage.

Grendel: I believe so. GoFoil says so for the new masts, but I don't know how far back that goes. I also don't really have a sense of how critical these past fit issues are. I understand each wing was custom fitted to the fuselage ... but if that just means sanding off a mm or adding a shim, seems it should be macgyver-able. Our crew's FrankenFoils have gone way past that, scavenging for workable foil bits in the cold dark Canadian winter. ;-)
Yes they are adjustable if you have one that doesn't fit perfect with alittle sanding or shim. My GL180 isn't a perfect fit (it was a proto) and I just put a strip of the aluminum tape on the fuselage to snug it up.