Anyone have Johnson and Johnson stoke

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
IMO this is ridiculous. I predict this gets hammered on appeal. The two drugs J&J makes are not used very frequently. One is a trans dermal patch. The OD's are largely happening on Chinese and Mexican Fentanyl that is being used to cut heroin and to make counterfeit pills. So basically here, J&J is being held responsible for people who are prescribed opiates by a Doctor, A Doctor educated to know the addictive potential of opiates, then these people develop a taste for it and wind up getting their drugs from illicit sources and offing themselves. JNJ has the deep pockets so that's who you go to. The Doctors aren't responsible, the users aren't responsible, it's that less 1% of prescription opiates JNJ produced that are the problem.

:rolleyes:

There are people for whom opiates are a god-send. My father is full of cancer. He's almost 92. I had an argument with his previous Dr because he was worried about my father getting addicted to pain medication. He's terminal. The Dr is simply scared of the increasing scrutiny to which they are subjected to by the Gov. A lot of this increased pressure is taking people that were getting Doctor managed/supervised pain medications and taking away their medications. So then they move to the black market rather than deal with the withdrawal and they kill themselves with bootleg synthetic opiates. One grain too many and you don't wake up. The amount of money that can be made via ordering Chinese Fentanyl and a pill press delivered to your door is pulling a lot of people in. One tiny mistake and you have dead people. And there are synthetics coming that are more powerful.

You want Juan mixing up your batch of bootleg pills in a milk jug full of synthetics and cut that he shakes for a bit and declares mixed?

That's what's killing people. And the irony here is that the legal crackdown is sending people out of Doctors offices and into the street to buy their opiates.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yes, and it's back up in the very short term to about what it was earlier before this news broke.

I have sold a fair bit of sh!t that went up since 2009 but I got into some stuff like JNJ, PG, etc a ways back when it was just too hard to not take 3-4% dividends, when the market was trash but some of the blue chip non-cyclicals were too attractive with that rate of return baked in.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Case in point, GWS:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oc-oxygod-sentenced-nearly-2-010204608.html

20 years doesn't seem enough. Plus, if J&J is paying 500+ million, seems like he (and family) should be on hook for at least double.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
ElOgro said:
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49452373

:toilet:
as of 12/31/18 they had $22 billion in cash flows from operating activities. this particular verdict will not hurt them. it's whether other states start bringing cases too

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
stu dog said:
ElOgro said:
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49452373

:toilet:
as of 12/31/18 they had $22 billion in cash flows from operating activities. this particular verdict will not hurt them. it's whether other states start bringing cases too
If that's the case, they may have to change their slogan to "Lots More Tears".

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I see civil suits. Lots of civil suits. Billable hour paradise.

What gws said.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
ElOgro said:
I see civil suits. Lots of civil suits. Billable hour paradise.

What gws said.
Purdue Pharma just settled 2000 lawsuits for $12 billion. J&J could be kind of fucked. Purdue was a co-defendant in the Oklahoma case. they settled for $200 million. J&J continued and got the $570 million judgement

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Now they will under medicate for pain

They did the same thing in the 70s.

You should be able to sign a release.
THIS

I'm tired of being shamed when asking for pain meds to address legitimate pain.

it's ridiculous.

also, legalize opium plz...

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
What sort of "legitimate pain" do you have?
when I got hit by a car and had a fractured tibia they wanted to send me home
with ibuprofen.

I wanted something for sleeping at night as it was a really bad throbbing pain
exacerbated by any movement in the night.

same thing when I busted my shoulder snow boarding....

what's even worse is even if you get a script, getting it filled at the pharmacy
is a whole other gauntlet of suspicion and shaming

it's fkn stupid...

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
with ibuprofen.

what's even worse is even if you get a script, getting it filled at the pharmacy

it's fkn stupid...
Interesting.

As far as giving an outpatient scrip for both an opiod pain killer and sleeping pills in a very opiod naive patient? I doubt any responsible physician is going to do that.

The pharmacy prepares pain med scripts all day long. Tons of them. What sort of suspicion and shaming have you received?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
with ibuprofen.

it's fkn stupid...
Yeah, it really reminds me of the ideas people have for gun owners

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
with ibuprofen.

it's fkn stupid...
It helps to know a sympathetic doctor and pharmacy.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Interesting.

As far as giving an outpatient scrip for both an opiod pain killer and sleeping pills in a very opiod naive patient? I doubt any responsible physician is going to do that.

The pharmacy prepares pain med scripts all day long. Tons of them. What sort of suspicion and shaming have you received?
you misread....I wanted pain medication to solve my pain problem and allow me to sleep

I did not want pain medication AND sleep medication

the difference in the disposition of the pharmacist when I am dealing with my son's scripts
versus the way they act when I roll up with a hydrocodone script is night and day....and I'm
white male privilege as fkkkk...plus I'm dealing with a local pharmacy (and more broadly, chain)
that has a historical record at the click of a button.

I'd be surprised if I'm the only one who has experienced this...