Anyone have a garden shed/office/man cave?

Bud

Nep status
Apr 20, 2001
Oahu
www.808surfer.com
anyone give u sh!t for the planer noise?
Perimeter lot I'm pretty far away and downwind from the one neighbor I have. I asked and he does not hear the planer or even notice poly resin smell. Of course it's only for me, my brother and an occasional custom but max production is one board a month, if that. Maybe one afternoon, two or 3 hours of planing a month, in closed dark shed. Then some other day to glass 15 minutes to lam a side, I fully MEKp catalyze but still using UV cure to finish it off. 10 minutes in the sun smell is gone

Reactions: K1zwark and JBerry

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
Perimeter lot I'm pretty far away and downwind from the one neighbor I have. I asked and he does not hear the planer or even notice poly resin smell. Of course it's only for me, my brother and an occasional custom but max production is one board a month, if that. Maybe one afternoon, two or 3 hours of planing a month, in closed dark shed. Then some other day to glass 15 minutes to lam a side, I fully MEKp catalyze but still using UV cure to finish it off. 10 minutes in the sun smell is gone
yes, but the frequent and feverish masturbation probably raises a few eyebrows around the neighborhood...

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
So for 20k could I get a nice shed to keep all my boards in and a home office that is fairly small?

Just need a desk, AC, couple windows. And place to keep some boards.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
My folks recently built a shred / bedroom in their backyard. It’s sort of L shaped and has probably a 10 x 10 bedroom and a 8 x 8 storage shred. I think it cost around 12K to build, maybe less actually.

There was a shred their prior though so there was already some kind of foundation and electricity. The space is also flat so no worries on leveling. 350 sq ft is pretty big. No way you can get that done for under 20K but if you’re open to shrinking it it would be totally possible.

Good luck with the HOA. Mine is a HUGE pain in the ass.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
6A56515F-7B8A-4557-8D65-EB0CCE6C8504.jpeg
re posted photo for my man cave. In addition to the sauna seen here and river stone tiled glass shower, the slate flooring has electrical heating pads underneath. Said floor heat is currently warming up my 5 mil for dawn patrol tomorrow

Reactions: Random Guy

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Reggae, Alice In Chains, string quartet classics, variety is the spice of life and all. Hell, even spa music, Native American pipes, Japanese zen beats..Led Zeppelin...I could go on but you get what I’m saying

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
holy crap. I hadn't thought of a sauna....

I really need to max out the size of this thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Reggae, Alice In Chains, string quartet classics, variety is the spice of life and all. Hell, even spa music, Native American pipes, Japanese zen beats..Led Zeppelin...I could go on but you get what I’m saying
I dig it.

never seen speakers installed in one like yours. :cheers:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I like SBSteve's shaded outdoor setup. I've been dreaming of something similar to that for years but I don't have the space for it. You could easily put some simple storage structure underneath a larger pergola.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Haha the speakers You see have awful sound. I use a soundbox instead (as seen in pic, little box speaker punches above its weight class. Blows away the speakers that come preinstalled

• Haha
Reactions: sdsrfr

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
Update:
Moving into the new place at the end of March. Future father in law may help build. Still need recommendations on who / how I should design if I don't go prefab. Also, after I get the footprint, what's the best way to get a nice foundation dug / poured, if that's all I want done? Anyone have experience making a foundation for a small structure that basically hangs out over a significant grade? Seems like