Anyone get eyes on Kelly's twin from the Pipe Masters today?

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
From what I could deduce from the video feed, the black Akila (I'm guessing) Twin fin looked like it had a lot wider nose than what he was riding at Keramas. It looked like he was using a Christenson type template, but they were a reverse colorway than what FCS is offering on their site. Maybe he's riding Futures, but I haven't seen him on anything else other than FCS (except a couple of boards he had with Red-X back in the day).

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
The black one could be it, but it had white Slater Designs logos and I didn't notice other white logos other than his Outerknowns. Today's board looked longer than the one pictured.

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
The black one could be it, but it had white Slater Designs logos and I didn't notice other white logos other than his Outerknowns. Today's board looked longer than the one pictured.
May or may not be the same board but I’m pretty sure it’s one of those and not an aipa twin.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Late 1970's technology being given new life........

A story one of my Aussie friends told me. Bruce Hart. Flashpoint Surfing. Years back during one of the Snapper contests. An off day. Bruce shaped/shapes for Simon Farrer who was a 3 time world kneeboard champion back then.

Bruce was on the beach, Simon was out riding a new board. Kelly came wandering up, sat down and watched Simon for a couple of hours. His wheels were spinning in overdrive even back then....

• Love
Reactions: r32 and Mr J

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
So short it and thin it looks like a skimboard. Seemed like during the contest he did not have a care in the world and was having fun.