Anyone been to North Telos Island?

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
Going May 2023 to Pinnacles North Telos. First trip to Indo.
I went to the Telos in 2010 on a boat trip. Lots of choices there. I think the wave that's on the south side of the place you're going is kinda soft as I recall. Here's a photo..
DSC_3079.JPG

But as mentioned, there are all kinds of waves there..DM me for more info and photos.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Went on a boat in 2008. There are some soft waves there, like the above picture, and some not soft waves there with nasty, shallow, razor sharp coral. Back then we had the breaks to ourselves, not sure how crowds are now.

Reactions: Icu812
Mar 7, 2018
been twice, north winds in the north open up a few quality options.
South winds in the north mean surfing lesser quality waves with alot of "friends".
the telos waves are super fun though and you will find waves each day.
if your accommodation offers the trip south take it.
there are some real quality waves north, mid and south telos.
you will enjoy it.
take a small wave board (good for 1-3 foot) and a quality shortboard (2-6 foot) and you will have a blast.

Reactions: MathDebater
Mar 7, 2018
oh another thing, i found the water hot and the sun brutal.
i am a pasty white boy though.
i would get a white long sleeve rashy, a white surf cap and take a tonne of zinc cream.
if you have heatstroke you wont enjoy the bintangs.....

Reactions: Mr Doof

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
came across these and looks fun

http://instagr.am/p/Cjqm_x5v9zH/
I think this is the spot in those photos with the trees behind...it breaks right next to this island. We got there late in the afternoon and I only got this one crappy photo because I was in a hurry to get out there so just grabbed the camera and snapped it. Meanwhile nobody else on our boat went out (??)...I only got a couple waves but they were really good.
DSC_3073.JPG

Reactions: MathDebater and grg

isurfcardiff

OTF status
May 8, 2014
Just returned from Resort Latitude Zero about a week ago. Surfed Pinnacles once, it was OK until the tide changed. There are lots of other spots north and south, so don't limit yourself to Pinnacles, you will find waves if you have a boat.

Jack-the-Ripper

OTF status
Feb 10, 2023
It's good for weaker surf by Indo standards. Also you are more likely to put up with stuff like the guy with grey hair in the last photo.

ThaDood

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2003
Playa Zen
It's good for weaker surf by Indo standards. Also you are more likely to put up with stuff like the guy with grey hair in the last photo.
to be fair, that dude with the gray hair was in our group and did not drop in. He was killing it every session and a solid guy.

ThaDood

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2003
Playa Zen
good crew of south africans work there - great place - you will be stoked!
Wobbie and the other South African, Billy I believe, were solid and rippers. We were teaching them Texan lingo.
“You can bet your boots on that”, “Sumbitch”, and other phrases.
On the 3rd day, I took a fin to the arch of my left foot on a close out and it was a fairly deep gash about 1 inch long. Flushed it with water and iodine, Wobbie and Billy superglued it shut, and I stayed off of it for 2 days. Wrapped it with duct tape and continued. One of the pics shows my foot wrapped in duct tape