Anybody try these corduroy tail pads?

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020
Anybody try one of these corduroy tail pads? How do they compare to your standard tailpad diamond or square grip? Having a hard time seeing how they would grip better than those. I can see how you won't that on a front pad but a tail pad?

Side rant can't beilieve these damn things cost 50$ now

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
In my experience, they are super sticky. Way more grip than the diamond or square grip. I had to take a corduroy front pad off a board because I couldn't adjust my feet on it, that's how locked in it felt.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Been wanting to try but haven’t found any for $25 yet.

octapus makes a hobgoblin model half cord half square pad FWIW.

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020
Been wanting to try but haven’t found any for $25 yet.

octapus makes a hobgoblin model half cord half square pad FWIW.
Ya that hobgood half cord half square is tempting, seems best of both worlds. Want to get a 2 piece but local shop only had full corduroys rn and I was a little leery

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
I prefer corduroy. Feels better under foot (softer and more sensitive to the board) and have plenty of grip. Unlike bluengreen’s experiences, I feel like I can move my feet around better on corduroy, even on the couple times a year I wear booties.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
HEY OCTOPUS PEOPLE....SEND ME A FULL CORDUROY PAD AND ILL ORDER A PRETY BOARD AND HATAG EVERYONE TO OFFER MY MODELING AND SHREDDA SKILLZ! FULL REVIEW ON ISNTA, FACE, SNAP, AND HERE!

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
The last 6 pads ive bought were the Sympl pads, cause they feel so nice. Agree that theyre softer and feel more sensitive

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
There's also the Pro-Lite Microdot V2 pads. Eithan Osborne's was the first pad with the thinner material (it's right around 2mm) and I kept hearing great things, so I grabbed Keanu's when I saw one in my local shop, which I'm glad I did since they seem to be sold out most places.
Microdot 2.0.png

Reactions: ANIMA

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
There's also the Pro-Lite Microdot V2 pads. Eithan Osborne's was the first pad with the thinner material (it's right around 2mm) and I kept hearing great things, so I grabbed Keanu's when I saw one in my local shop, which I'm glad I did since they seem to be sold out most places.
View attachment 94431
Keanu's pad looks sick.
Timmy's pads are cool too (if you like dat mexican vibe pattern).

Reactions: ChaseTMP

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
Love them. Started on octopus now switched to Channel Island . I don't think Octopus is making full corduroy any more