Anybody ever rent a car from Turo?

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Ive had good experiences. The only thing to be weary of IMO is that there are mileage limitations. I didn’t account for that my first time renting one and took a big drive one day that quickly removed all my savings vs a traditional rental.

donger

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 17, 2012
OC
yes, it's fine, I recommend getting a newer model vehicle if you want something nice and clean

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If you have your own car insurance I believe it will cover you?
Credit Cards often have som coverage if you use them for your booking.

As always. It's fine print
My understanding is that in case of a Turo you don't have coverage unless you purchase their insurance - unlike a standard rental your credit card or own insurance will not cover you.

Basically you're paying out of pocket if anything happens.

That's my understanding.

Further - I've tried to find info online about what happens as a renter if involved in an accident. Basically sounds like a nightmare even when you purchase insurance from Turo. Things seem to get pretty tricky.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: MathDebater

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
My understanding is that in case of a Turo you don't have coverage unless you purchase their insurance - unlike a standard rental your credit card or own insurance will not cover you.

Basically you're paying out of pocket if anything happens.

That's my understanding.

Further - I've tried to find info online about what happens as a renter if involved in an accident. Basically sounds like a nightmare even when you purchase insurance from Turo. Things seem to get pretty tricky.

You mean you get what you pay for?

Jul 18, 2018
Call your insurance company to confirm.
I called mine (USAA), and they explained that my coverage extends to any car I drive as long as I'm in the US. I specifically asked about Peer-Peer rentals, i.e Turo, and they confirmed that I'm covered.
YMMV