any surf in the Bahamas???

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
next Monday
If you mean six days and not thirteen days, there's actually a pretty solid blast pushing off the East Coast. Northeasterlies from Newfoundland to the Bahamas. Wind looks a bit trashed but keep that eye out for a paddleboard or sponge might actually be something. Or not most likely but The Exumas would be a novel place to get surf.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
By the way, the Bahamas is not the tropical paradise you might expect in the winter. You may be thinking the climate is like Barbados but at times it can be more like North Florida if its blowing from the North. If there is a northerly blow it can get pretty damned cold. When I was there we had one week where it was windy and for about five days the temperature didn't get above 58*. Combined with the wind it was frigid and we certainly didn't have the right clothes packed. There were a few days that I wish I had packed a 3/2 for surfing and diving.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
.... is there? worth taking 1 surfing bort?
Definitely take a board. I went to the Bahamas and took a board and found some fun spots. You need to take a Taxi to get there (which is a little awkward with a surfboard and no roof rack). You could also take a boat to one of the islands and look for surf. But there are surf spots there. I saw locals surfing too. The water is beautiful. Have fun!