Any SoCal shapers not dopey Trumpers?

LarryTate

Nep status
May 7, 2012
Where is the Chandler of our area?
Talk is cheap. Regardless of one's political affiliation one thing is almost certain, most shapers/glassers just about all run their businesses like anarchists:

-Incorrect business license or no license at all? - Check
-Will take cash under the table at the blink of an eye? - Check
-Not following OSHA, fire, and local rules & regulations in regards to storing, applying, and disposing of chemical? - Check
-Employees working "off the record"? - Check
-No Worker's Comp insurance - Check
-Workers drinking on the job? - Check

This is why we love them. Not because of their opinions on how our tax dollars are spent, foreign policy, social security, the environment etc.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Wanted to get a new board shaped by a local shaper originally I was going to go with Christenson but friends I know said he's a closet Trumper. Want to support local but fed up with anti vax, anti science morons like groms dad. Feel like all those in the surf industry around SD county are Republitard lifted truck bros. Where is the Chandler of our area?
Guess what fucko....most shapers don't lineup with you politically.

I was in Hawaii a couple weeks ago and a buddy of mine took us out to the Kaneohe sandbar on his boat. The fuck Joe Biden vibe was strong there and only got louder as the partying progressed.....in Hawaii of all places.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifallalot

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California

I was in Hawaii a couple weeks ago and a buddy of mine took us out to the Kaneohe sandbar on his boat. The fook Joe Biden vibe was strong there and only got louder as the partying progressed.....in Hawaii of all places.
Did this give you a jelly boner?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Mods, please don't move to the Design or Political sections.

Did you say what kind of board you are ordering! Are any SoCal surfboard buyers not dopey surfers? Do you lean on rail to turn or on tail to turn or what is this quiver gap?

Not sure what Marcio Zouvi's political leanings are; I am guessing he doesn't want to build the wall but that's just vague speculation. I DGAF myself as long as I don't have to hear it during commerce.

Reactions: JDJ

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
People who own successful small businesses tend to be conservative or quickly become conservative.
I can imagine that general suggestion to be the case. In Australia traditionally the conservative party has been making the most overt efforts to be on the side of small business, whereas our labour party has been more associated with unionised labour. In recent years both parties have been attempting to sway small business.

However captyoda wasn't necessarily asking to avoid republican shapers. Trump has fallen out of favour with many republicans hasn't he?

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
most are closet trumpers like that Art in Motion Jesus nut
Surely not! Todd Messick of the rainbow coloured AIM longboards. I enjoy his instagram and hadn't noticed any religious or political party allegiance, are we thinking of the same person?

What sort of board are you after? The spray house with the handle "tapedoff" on instagram make no secret of their dislike for Trump. I can't find it now, but Rusty liked one of their anti Trump/impeach Trump posts. I have no experience of Rusty boards, but I really like his "Talk to your shaper live" podcast series. His design methodology impresses me.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location

I was in Hawaii a couple weeks ago and a buddy of mine took us out to the Kaneohe sandbar on his boat. The fook Joe Biden vibe was strong there and only got louder as the partying progressed.....in Hawaii of all places.
yeah it’s a chucklehead magnet out there for sure