Another Police Shooting

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Don’t jump to conclusions until the erBB racists can successfully investigate the past of the victim and tell us what a bad guy he was and how the cops did society a favor by executing him with due process for not complying.
The past of the victim, or any victim, is irrelevant.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I never said that.

You expect perfection.

That's not the reality of life.

Hospitals, for instance, have loads of systems to ensure medical errors do not happen. And yet they still happen. And many people die because of it. The estimates are pretty impressive.

Are hospitals full of awful terrible doctors and nurses etc that mean harm? No. Are there bad apples? Yes.

If you go to a hospital the employees might kill you. 10 percent of all US deaths are said to be via medical error.

Knowing this, around 1,000 people a year in our country of 330,000,000 are killed by police. Armed or unarmed, but mostly armed.

Is there room for improvement? Yes of course. But I'm still able to sleep at night.
How about if Doctors only had to study for a year to get their license and maybe even get it online. How comfortable would you be going under the knife? Its not always about good or bad. It can boil down to just not knowing how to do their job correctly.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Another unarmed black man got killed not far from here the other day in Elizabeth City -- 8 deputies unloaded on him, kill shot was to the back of the skull. This sh!t breaks my heart. I'm glad I don't have to have "the cops may kill you if you get pulled over for speeding" discussion with my boys.
you're a fool if you think you don't have to have that conversation

I have had this convo with my boys repeatedly at multiple ages

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
How about if Doctors only had to study for a year to get their license and maybe even get it online. How comfortable would you be going under the knife? Its not always about good or bad. It can boil down to just not knowing how to do their job correctly.
I agree.

At the same time the numbers I posted tell a large chunk of what we need to know.

1000 people killed by police every year in a country 0f 330,000,000.

Most of those killed were armed.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
If you were a police officer the reasonable assumption made during every traffic stop is the individual IS armed.

You understand that, don't you?
In this case the victim had both hands in plain view.

Anyone arguing for police in this instance lacks empathy and understanding of institutionalized racism. It's not a political issue, but a societal one. Racism is bad. This is racism at its core.

Reactions: mundus and Woke AF

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

Anyone arguing for police in this instance lacks empathy and understanding of institutionalized racism. It's not a political issue, but a societal one. Racism is bad. This is racism at its core.
Pure right and wrong, at least until we legalize on the spot execution for fleeing or resisting.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Have you seen the bodycam footage?

I think you're painting with a pretty broad brush and jumping to conclusions.

Unless you've seen the bodycam footage.

I think jumping to conclusions is a bad thing.

You need to be aware of your biases.

My wife is trying to teach her students this. I think it's a valuable skill, especially today. She's doing it in a pretty clever way too.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Have you seen the bodycam footage?

I think you're painting with a pretty broad brush and jumping to conclusions.

Unless you've seen the bodycam footage.

I think jumping to conclusions is a bad thing.

You need to be aware of your biases.
They only released a tiny bit of it, and you now damm well that if it showed the cops in the right it would have been released yesterday. Also I believe most of the cops there resigned, what does that tell you?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
They only released a tiny bit of it, and you now damm well that if it showed the cops in the right it would have been released yesterday.

"The shooting happened in Elizabeth City, North Carolina. Brown was fleeing sheriff's deputies when he was shot multiple times."
That's going to be a lot of footage methinks.

Also I believe most of the cops there resigned, what does that tell you?
I saw a few had resigned, one of those was a retirement.

That could mean A LOT of different things.

Your bias is showing, heavily.

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
That's going to be a lot of footage methinks.

I saw a few had resigned, one of those was a retirement.

That could mean A LOT of different things.

Your bias is showing, heavily.
It is called reality, remember the 2 recent shoots where the Bodycams directly contradicted the police reports? You are extremely naive.