Another kayak attacked by whitey in Shelter Cove

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
Just a little guy
Damn, this is gettin' to be a regular thing...just 3 months ago another kayak fisherman had a whitey encounter but he was bleeding out a ling..this guy was just cruising along...Guess it's getting close to shark season...or is it always shark season?

• Wow
Reactions: the janitor

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Simultaneous to seeing the shark, Alexander was being thrown from the kayak. “I hear the thud.. feel the push and I’m rolling to the right,” he said. With his gear and his glasses falling into the water with him, he went under then bobbed up.

“I was probably about 4 feet from the shark,” he told us. “I’m in the water…I don’t know if he is looking at me, but I’m looking at him….When he hit the boat, I fell off on the same side his face…I could see both eyes–one side more than the other…His eyes are so dark…I could see his teeth and his gums. You see those rows of teeth…that’s something else.”

He paused…”I wonder how many times that is going to play in my head.”

He said he asked himself, “What do you do when he let’s go?” Alexander said he really thought the shark would let go of the boat and then come after him. “He is facing me, he has to swim towards me,” Alexander said. He mentally prepared himself for the worst. “I thought he was going to let go and then go after me,” he said. I thought…I’ve had a good life. I hope it doesn’t hurt too much.”

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I kayak in the ocean quite a bit and always wonder when this will happen.