Another Epic Mex Trip

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Found that hotel on a map. If that right is where I think it is I didn't know that was private property.
Virtually all property above the zona federal, 20m above the high tide line, is privately owned. The only exception is when the municipal, state, or federal government “owns” it.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I have no understanding of why you post your stuff on the web but good on ya anyway for scoring. Enjoy it while you can.
I have spread the word of my travels and experience with this guide for a couple reasons. 1. I have helped grow a business for my guide and his brothers. This is a guy who on my first trip with him during gas shortages and protests drove to Puerto Escondido in the middle of the night and waited hours for gas and drove back and still dialed me in that morning. 2. I let others know that there are options to Salina Cruz and the crowds. For guys that are a bit older and no longer surfing at the level to compete with 20 year old rippers at points in SC you can score epic waves with JUST YOU. I turned JJR on to this guide and his first trip he was blown away. Comparable to many of his Indo trips he said but 3.5 hour flight, empty and cheaper. When Surfline is hyping a so hemi, many of us mortals don't want any part of this place. The 3-5 foot days the better surfers won't go down there. Leaves lots of white space for us average surfers. 95% of the time its just me and the people that I am with so I feel the exposure won't hurt my chances of scoring alone.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Places blow up no mater what we do, one can only hope the good guys among the locals benefit and not the scammers.

Reactions: gbg

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I was there in April and this place I surfed this time was way beyond my abilities. Pro surfers only the whole week. We drove further down the coast and surfed a more protected spot. It was only ceiling high. Just us for 2hours at first light. And hundreds of yards long. 20210421_085045.jpg

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I was there in April and this place I surfed this time was way beyond my abilities. Pro surfers only the whole week. We drove further down the coast and surfed a more protected spot. It was only ceiling high. Just us for 2hours at first light. And hundreds of yards long. View attachment 118129
May be in touch for details for my spring trip, did Salina Cruz years ago and thought Huatulco area looked nice.