Another day, another (Walmart) mass-shooting.....

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
How is the death penalty deleterious for society?

The nuts and bolts arguments against it, mainly costs, are due to an overly-litigious climate around it.

And of course it's about feelings; vengeance is a normal human emotion. I thought you guys were all about developing policy around feelings?
I think the society needs to bias the population away from savagery.

So you don't have the death penalty, but if someone kllls a family member you kill them yourself.

I have an idea for a novel. I'm calling it "Killing OJ." IT's about a guy who decides to take vengeance on OJ. I would be like a history book about the case as he plans the murder. Then when he goes to kill OJ his gun jams and OJ kills him with a knife in the kitchen.

The narrator is writing is from the afterlife, in limbo.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
So you don't have the death penalty, but if someone kllls a family member you kill them yourself.
This is the ideal situation

I have an idea for a novel. I'm calling it "Killing OJ." IT's about a guy who decides to take vengeance on OJ. I would be like a history book about the case as he plans the murder. Then when he goes to kill OJ his gun jams and OJ kills him with a knife in the kitchen.

The narrator is writing is from the afterlife, in limbo.
If you're not joking, I like it

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
This is the ideal situation
This guy was this super skinny emo guy in a video talking about how a neighbor's pit bull, with a history or biting people, got out of the yard attacked his daughter biting her face up.

He takes her to the doctor then takes her home.

Then he goes to the house where the dog is, walks into the fenced yard, and kills the dog in the drive way with a baseball bat while the owner screams.

He says, "That dog had to die."

I love that feel good story.

I loved that he didn't try to solve the problem by being reasonable and rely on the system to address the problem.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot