Angry Father Confronts Elizabeth Warren on Her College Debt Forgiveness Plan

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
No, you learn better in proximity to the teacher and the other students.

Online learning is a scam.

Higher learning corruption stems from the bloated admins programs and the mindset that they are corporate managers, whose priority is to control labor costs.

It's really changed in the last 15 years.

I saw it all.
So you don't think that YouTube University is legit? :poop:

It's kind of like when people who never graduated from high school, list the School of Hard Knocks on their FB profile.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The costs of the online courses I've seen bear zero relationship to the costs of development and delivery of them by the provider. Those costs are what they are only because the market will bear them, and only then as a result of the deferred financing.

I've written online courses - albeit in short duration. There's nothing magic about it.
Yes. It's a money maker for the schools. And they don't need to provide classrooms.

I've taught online courses and I wouldn't really consider it teaching.

At the same time, I got positive feed back from the kids taking the online course.

And it's a way for certain people to get through college so that is good.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
There you go. If the primary purposes someone has for taking a course is literally to check off a box then the cheapest and easiest alternative that will do that will be the one they prefer.

Anyone who thinks the primary reason most people sacrifice their time and money to obtain a degree is to become "educated" is delusional. The majority of those students do it because they think there will be an economic payback in dollars and cents. The smaller minority who remain are doing it because they're interested in that field of study itself. Colleges would starve if they had to rely solely on that group.

It should go without saying that there's nothing particularly virtuous - or evil - about decisions which are motivated entirely by "greed". It's just people acting in their own self interests.

Last edited:

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
"Diamond" status in a multi-level marketing program.

"Trafficker" status in the drug business

"Supermodel"

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
When they got rid of the English writing proficiency exam so the big money international students could graduate, I knew it was all a sham.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
My oldest kid got his (accredited) BS-IT degree online. Along with a shtload of industry certs, also online. He works for an internet security firm as an cyber security engineer. He can read and write.

• Haha
Reactions: GWS_2

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Shame that you can't.

He wasn't raised as a woman but he knows how to cheat in life.

Good work daddy.
What my kid wasn't was raised by a single mom, and reduced to seeing his dad on "visits".

All of my kids surf better than your's.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
BTW, he says that his company's clients, which include municipal, county and state governments, get just as many attempted hacks from servers in Utah and Virginia as they get from Russia, Ukraine, some of the other central/eastern Euro shtholes and China.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I'm not the one who moved into a society I despise and who is unhappy because they got told to assimilate or GTFO. I was born here. I didn't fly here. I have flown to other countries for extended periods, and I always understood the expectation to maintain low tones.

Last edited:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I'm not the one who moved into a society I despise and who is unhappy because they got told to assimilate or GTFO. I was born here. I didn't fly here. I have flown to other countries for extended periods, and I always understood the expectation to maintain low tones.
You've got it all wrong.

I love California, that's why I decided to live here and become an American citizen.
I haven't "flown" here, I live here.

Where did you live for 25 + years?

You are whining about this country non-stop, by your logic it's time for you to GTFO, xenopig.