Andy Lyons For Mayor!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Your purple belt in bjj wont stop a bullet...
I hear sh!t like this all the time.

You what I’ve never heard, not even once in my entire life?

Someone say that BJJ can stop a bullet.

So this leads me to the conclusion that the underlying motivation to say such a thing isn‘t to convey useful information. The underlying motivation is something else altogether.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom

So this leads me to the conclusion that the underlying motivation to say such a thing isn‘t to convey useful information. The underlying motivation is something else altogether.
We’re glad you finally figured that out.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I’m amazed at how ill prepared for fighting most people who get in fights are.
For real. It’s like straight punches and keeping your hands up are either entirely foreign concepts or went out the window when sh!t got real.

I got lucky as previously mentioned and got to train albeit briefly with a Carlson black belt so I was learning stuff like if you fight at the beach and end up on your ass how to stand to base safely including watching out for getting sand kicked in your eyes. Foot stomps. Head butts. Knees to the dome from N/S etc.

Sport bjj in a real fight might even lead to a world of pain ie jumping into guard for an arm bar gets you slammed and ktfo or worse.

Congrats and mahalo on your black belt bro.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
For real. It’s like straight punches and keeping your hands up are either entirely foreign concepts or went out the window when sh!t got real.

I got lucky as previously mentioned and got to train albeit briefly with a Carlson black belt so I was learning stuff like if you fight at the beach and end up on your ass how to stand to base safely including watching out for getting sand kicked in your eyes. Foot stomps. Head butts. Knees to the dome from N/S etc.

Sport bjj in a real fight might even lead to a world of pain ie jumping into guard for an arm bar gets you slammed and ktfo or worse.

Congrats and mahalo on your black belt bro.
I also like the whole get up in the guy’s face with your hands down at your sides and you chin up as high as you can point it.

PS: I’ve been training head butts (giving and receiving) recently.

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
I read that a well known Kauai enforcer got up early every morning to do 1000 sit-ups, and thinking, "Gee, if he learned how to get along with people, he wouldn't have to do that". (Kidding. I do get it.)

Last edited:

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Feigning disinterest, or fear is the new sand in the pocket. Then run faster than attack unfolds. That's all I got.
I'm not gonna say we need more enforcers, but it might help people who weren't just born stupid.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Over 50, white and wrinkling, if I were Andy I'd just offend the offender by immitating their behaviour, and proceeding to let everyone within earshot hear about it... a la,

"hey! look at me! I'm over 50, and still I'm burning the 20 year old back paddler! How's that feel kook? Now you see why it's not so cool, huh? Well, I think you need 50 more burns to truely learn, who wants to play burn the yellow board kook? Come on everyone, 5 guys in front of him, every wave!!!"

Bet noone would have fired him for that, and everyone would have joined in, ensuring yellow board kook has to sell said yellow POS and gotten at the very least a new hairdo before paddling out there again.

:cursing:

:nana::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021

Hahaa.. Yea the useful information I am trying to convey is that being a tough guy in 2022 means carrying a gun. Training for self defense is useful if the other person isn't carrying. The serious fellas I know that train dont bluster about in real life or on the interweebs...I mean it is funny to see the beach is a place where some fantasy about what violence is can be played out by a loudmouthed real estate agent.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Hahaa.. Yea the useful information I am trying to convey is that being a tough guy in 2022 means carrying a gun. Training for self defense is useful if the other person isn't carrying. The serious fellas I know that train dont bluster about in real life or on the interweebs...I mean it is funny to see the beach is a place where some fantasy about what violence is can be played out by a loudmouthed real estate agent.
You gotta train with your gun too. Most people don’t.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Every building has a camera on it. Everybody has a video camera in their pocket. You can’t do anything unless someone flat out assaults you. Even then, from experience, there is an element that will always blame whoever wins the fight. The loser is always the victim in their eyes. God help you if you have deep pockets.

Reactions: PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

Yep, best just offer up your butt.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: casa_mugrienta