Andy Lyons For Mayor!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I'll shut up now.
F--k that. A realtor and a midlengther didn't fight at Malibu and it still went viral and we've got a dead job and a dead surfboard off 0 punches.

Do you even 805? This is the best display of Southery since Black Girls Surf v the Brazzo Surf Instructor.

Sound off like you've got a pair!

nada2looz

OTF status
Mar 16, 2016
fights in my city typically involve knives and then trying to not get arrested. i work on my inner peace and running instead. "look it's elvis!!" :runs:

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
i never said andy fought anyone. never saw a blow thrown. simply going in and standing on the beach shuts up 99% of the dojo ballerina's. i once heard a great quote, i forget who said it, but they cracked joel tudor at blacks after an altercation... "how do you turn a black belt into a white belt? punch them in the throat." seems to make sense. violence never solves sh!t, but the "i know mma/gracie/muay" folks seem to get their asses handed to them on the street. but what do i know? i run from dudes who want to fight. to hell with that. pain hurts.
When did this go down? The last time JT got hassled down there he was probably still in high school.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
There's a jump to be made going from martial arts training to actual street fights. Some people are incapable of making that jump. For some of them it is physical. Training makes everyone better, but with striking in particular, there is an entry level of basic athleticism that is required IMHO. Some people simply don't have enough fast twitch capability to ever be effective. No matter how many years or what rank they attain. Some people lack the mentality. It's just not there. (these may be people that are more mentally healthy IMO.) That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with what they were training in. (although there are plenty of fraudulent MA instructors out there teaching BS). They just don't have that in them. Training isn't fighting. Even heavy contact training wearing gloves is different from what is going to happen bare knuckle/no rules/no ref/no mats. It's closer, but still not the same. You can't expect to be good at anything doing nothing but simulations. You will be better equipped than if you had done nothing, but no guarantees. And you can't train hardcore for ever. The idea is this is a life-long pursuit. There is a stage where going hard is valuable. The juice is worth the squeeze. But at some point, you have to back away from that. If you don't you are going to start carrying life-long physical damage with you. That becomes counter productive. You're crippling yourself and limiting future capability. I have been around mid 70 year olds that could still move. Still dangerous. Even with their max speed declining, their sense of timing and distance made them formidable. There is a LOT of value in going through the training and the various stages. And a lot of that value has NOTHING to do with fighting.

I'll shut up now.
So true

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Bruh seals are just dudes who can take endless amounts of abuse without question.

They aren’t stellar world class athletes or killers like some would lead you to believe.

They’re just born a certain way and won’t quit
Same with the Rangers I've met. My old college roommate is an ex-Ranger and now does all the recruiting in to Ranger assessment and selection. They want guys who just won't fucking stop. To make it through assessment and selection there is seemingly no level of physical discomfort they can't power through. I also think they're born that way. It's crazy. And they don't hate getting in to bar fights.

Reactions: bluemarlin04