Staff member
Mar 16, 2006
PAT O'CONNELL

https://www.surfer.com/features/kieren-perrow-steps-down-as-wsl-commissioner/

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Met Patchy briefly through work. Professionally seemed like an accountable guy, smart, positive and willing to work. Can't say the same for a lot of industry bros.

Rickoray

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2007
SOC CA
I've known Pat since the day I took him to Salt Creek for his first time and it was too big so he didn't paddle out! :roflmao:

Surfed with him today and saw him rip the snot out of a 2 foot peeler at Salt Creek... he will have a great rapport with the surfers on tour and will be able to guide the WSL adult learners well with the experience of the last 15 years at Hurley (Nike).

His positive attitude is infectious.

Stoked for him and the WSL.

Tanner

Phil Edwards status
Jul 30, 2003
Point Loma
Visit site
Rickoray said:
Surfed with him today and saw him rip the snot out of a 2 foot peeler at Salt Creek...
But the real question is, did he knife the drop??

Had the pleasure of working with Pat on a on a project a few years ago, and as Racer said above, he definitely has his act together, compared to many, many, industry bros.

Looking forward to seeing what he brings to the WSL!

:cheers:

SharkBoy

Miki Dora status
Oct 22, 2004
Keiran was excellent, wonder why he quit. I reckon Pat is a good replacement

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Am i the only one sitting here slack-jawed in disbelief that the erBB is practically gushing with praise over anything WSL related? :)

But i also agree, never having met the guy, he seems like he will be a good fit.

Rickoray

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2007
SOC CA
subway said:
Am i the only one sitting here slack-jawed in disbelief that the erBB is practically gushing with praise over anything WSL related? :)

But i also agree, never having met the guy, he seems like he will be a good fit.
It is really hard not to like Pat O... he still rips as hard as any B level pro in the line up, super friendly, not full of himself... he is as surfed stocked as any grom you know, great dad and husband.

The other day when he noticed I paddled into the line he threw me an over head shaka from 20 yards away.