An erBB herb poll.

To wake n bake, or not to wake n bake, here lies the question.

• Absolutely, on the daily!

• No way Jose, I got stuff to do today!

• Well, sure, but only on weekends, ie: weekend warriors.

• Only when I'm on vacation.

• Never, ever, ever, do I smoke weed before XX:XX am/pm!

• Are you crazy? I'm only an evening puffer.

• Never, ever, ever, I only puff occasionally, and NEVER JUST AFTER WAKING UP!

• Other, please elaborate... I'm clean out of suggestions. Must have been the wake'n'bake! Hahahaha...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Sober is the type of real I enjoy with it.

I don’t know how to explain what I meant but I always found surfing stoned to be a weird experience.
I did too, the first dozen times.

Now it's glorious. Except when it's legit cold and/or a legit paddle to get out the back. Or hammering.

But waist-chest solo session in trunks?

Tres magnifique

Reactions: Aruka and Subway

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I tried surfing stoned once and it made everything feel a little too real.
You missed out especially while on vacation
Howler monkey woke me up.
Sun will Be rising soon.
Time to get some coffee.
Meet up with my bros.
One brings the dank to town
The other slings it
We smoke a puro at the lifeguard tower
The air coming down the valley above the beach is cold
The water warm
The waves tasty
My buzz is cool
The rest of town still slumbers

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I did too, the first dozen times.

Now it's glorious. Except when it's legit cold and/or a legit paddle to get out the back. Or hammering.

But waist-chest solo session in trunks?

Tres magnifique
Well most of my surfs are cold and short period beach breaks so lots of duck diving. Not that it’s legit hammering like puerto, but I’m sure that all was a factor.

maybe I should give it another shot.

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Don't smoke a lot anymore, but I do grow constantly...super therapeutic

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
When I lived in Los Angeles a significant portion of my surf sessions were only tolerable after getting wicked baked.

It made the clown show funny
definitely helps with the patience aspect of things for me here in LA, but....doesnt help with the competitiveness.

also doesnt really help muster up the motivation to go do a million duckdives to get out to a beach break in the dead of winter.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
definitely helps with the patience aspect of things for me here in LA, but....doesnt help with the competitiveness.

also doesnt really help muster up the motivation to go do a million duckdives to get out to a beach break in the dead of winter.
For me it help highlight the absurdity of the donkey show

As for competiveness. I was always all about stealth tactics bro. Got someone hassling me for my waves??? Next time I paddle for one I actually don’t want. Magically hassler comes with. I pull out and paddle back out real fast and catch the one I want unmolested. It took me a while to figure that when you get good waves and that’s what I was there for qual not quan dickheads gonna start trying to bite your rhymes.

Paddling out? Timing is everything. Literally. Nothing like paddling out during a flat calm lull bw sets. That and knowing when to go in after a ride and start over from the sand vs paddling right back out.

It also took me a bit took to figure out how the cool kids ”rip dabs”.

Bucket in banger with a carb cap. Cold starts ftw
BEFC6E96-F884-4817-9524-B584E49125E5.jpeg

Last edited:

Drumsurf

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 4, 2012
Beach
Other. Not a regular occurrence but not unheard of either. No rhyme or reason in my world.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Sober is the type of real I enjoy with it.

I don’t know how to explain what I meant but I always found surfing stoned to be a weird experience.
Back in high school I had a friend who dropped acid before surfing RIncon. It was a small day maybe chest high, but the rivermouth was pretty hollow. After a while I saw him and he paddled up to me and asked all wide eyed, "Is it.. like... ten feet out here?" I told him, "Yeah, be careful." "Oh for sure!" :roflmao:

On time we got stoned at Jalama (good place for that) and since it was a sunny warm day we decided to paddle out in our trunks. Boy did that kill the buzz fast. Brrrrr........

• Haha
Reactions: Boneroni

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Back in high school I had a friend who dropped acid before surfing RIncon.
done that but not at rincon. was fun but depth perception was a real roadblsck to timing.

ecstacy and surfing felt great although im sure i looked like a goofball out there, could barely do sh!t. sick to just be peaking and floating half submerged in the ocean tho. would do again.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I don’t think I’ve Wake’nbaked since college

i don’t like to surf high, or snowboard high. It doesn’t make those things any better
i can’t imagine working out high. I think it would demotivate me

sitting around listening to music, sure!
mindless chores, cleaning anything, yard work, sure being high makes all of that a little more fun

but I need to drive too often to get high too much.
for now, it’s mostly Saturday and Sunday nights

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Back in high school I had a friend who dropped acid before surfing RIncon. It was a small day maybe chest high, but the rivermouth was pretty hollow. After a while I saw him and he paddled up to me and asked all wide eyed, "Is it.. like... ten feet out here?" I told him, "Yeah, be careful." "Oh for sure!" :roflmao:

On time we got stoned at Jalama (good place for that) and since it was a sunny warm day we decided to paddle out in our trunks. Boy did that kill the buzz fast. Brrrrr........
Dropping acid before surfing? I never would have thought of that.

For the bong hits, I abstain until after my morning chores are done. 6 - 6:30ish.