An actual letter from POTUS to Erdogan

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
First, it's pretty sad that confidential letters to foreign leaders are now leaked without shame. I hope the next president gets the same treatment. Actually, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, Dem or Repub.

Second, ya this letter reeks of desperation. Desperation to save the lives of 1000's of people. It was probably written as he spoke, which is many times (as we all know) not very politically polished and smooth. He not a smooth talking politico by any stretch. But not afraid to be frank and blunt (not PC).

US Military intel knew this Turkish offensive was planned long ago. We had 50 troops sitting in the middle of where it was going to flame up. We either needed to send in 1000's more troops to that front to show good old fashioned USA fight for right, or get out of the way, and let them have at it. Is it worth it to get our USA troops killed AGAIN for a Middle East conflict that only serves interests of Turkey, Syria, Iran and Russia (and yes, the precious Kurds)? Ya, ISIS prisoners are there. We might lose some. Do we really want to re-escalate our presence in a new civil war situation AGAIN?

We need to fight the RIGHT wars, and fight to win. Not play security guard with thumbs up asses. If we don't get in to fight to win, it's really not worth fighting and a waste of human flesh. But when have we learned that?

Have at it. I love all the re-born leftist war-hawks here now. Will they be the same when a Dem becomes prez. Ha!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: $kully

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
You just know Erdogan read this letter to his cabinet at their Monday morning big-boys meeting over in Ankara and they all roared with laughter.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
First, it's pretty sad that confidential letters to foreign leaders are now leaked without shame. I hope the next president gets the same treatment. Actually, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, Dem or Repub.

Second, ya this letter reeks of desperation. Desperation to save the lives of 1000's of people. It was probably written as he spoke, which is many times (as we all know) not very politically polished and smooth. He not a smooth talking politico by any stretch. But not afraid to be frank and blunt (not PC).

US Military intel knew this Turkish offensive was planned long ago. We had 50 troops sitting in the middle of where it was going to flame up. We either needed to send in 1000's more troops to that front to show good old fashioned USA fight for right, or get out of the way, and let them have at it. Is it worth it to get our USA troops killed AGAIN for a Middle East conflict that only serves interests of Turkey, Syria, Iran and Russia (and yes, the precious Kurds)? Ya, ISIS prisoners are there. We might lose some. Do we really want to re-escalate our presence in a new civil war situation AGAIN?

We need to fight the RIGHT wars, and fight to win. Not play security guard with thumbs up asses. If we don't get in to fight to win, it's really not worth fighting and a waste of human flesh. But when have we learned that?

Have at it. I love all the re-born leftist war-hawks here now. Will they be the same when a Dem becomes prez. Ha!
:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Saving thousands of lives!!! What a fucking hero! Quick someone give him a congressional medal of honor, a Nobel peace prize and a ticker tape parade!

Reactions: lagunaboy

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
No one did

Trumby is the inverse of Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock. Everyone claims they saw Jimi but if you look at how thin the crowd was by the time Jimi played, there’s no way.

In Trumby’s case, everyone claims they didn’t vote for the asshole yet they constantly carry his water.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
You guys are right. We should have left the 50 troops there. Let them fight it out to the last bullet. They volunteered.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
What's really ironic is, what you just said in jest, is what tRump said in earnest about the Kurds.

50?

While the majority of the 1,000 US troops in Syria are in the northern part of the country, the US military also maintains a small presence in southern Syria at a base in At Tanf where the US trains local anti-ISIS fighters that are not affiliated with the Syrian Democratic Forces.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
You guys are right. We should have left the 50 troops there. Let them fight it out to the last bullet. They volunteered.
Please. The clown had a phone call with Erdogan and blindsided our allies on this one. They found out via twitter. This motherfooker could fuck up Trick Daddy's mayonnaise sammich recipe he's such a dipshit.

I don't have the same issue pulling out of Northern Syria some of the other people on the left had, but if Obama did this, and/or did it this way (for the 321743920174192749124719247 time) we'd be pulling the GOP Senators/Congressmen off the ceilings. Except Jim Jordan and some of the other Freedom Caucus members; we'd be pulling them out of the Ohio State wrestling teams anii or wherever it is they get their young males.
Now that I think of it, maybe they thought Hillary Clinton deprived them of 30k e-males, like they could get boys on the internet? That would check out.

You're right that the left has a fantasy of a secular, democratic Kurdistan emerging in that region. Guilty.

Is THIS how you think a withdrawal should be done?

We need to get these 50 dudes out (with no heads up before putting it on twitter). Okay. There's what, 40x that many troops just committed to help an impotent Saudi Arabia get its dick into Yemen.

???

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
The letter is pathetic. He writes like he speaks, so not a real surprise. Although I would think that someone along the way would have re-written the thing and brought it up to maybe an 8th grade level of literacy for him. He must be insisting that nobody change a word. And it was the Trump administration that released that letter. So they looked at it after the fact and decided the optics were good. Which is fairly amazing.

I would have loved to have been in position to have scooped the original crumpled up letter out of Erdogan's circular file. I'm betting you could sell that for bank!

Cracks me up how all the Dems are totally for military intervention in the region with a Republican in the White House. Does anybody really believe that if there was a Democrat in the White House the Republicans and Dems would be parroting the opposite of what they are now?

It's such a game. A game for suckers.

I'm not down with the retarded way in which this pullout is being handled, but this crap needs to end somewhere. Just not like this.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I can imagine the conversation between whoever was typing this and Trumby trying to dictate.

Trump: Dont be a tough guy.

Typer Person: Do you want me to actually type that?

Trump: Add an exclamation point

Trump: Dont be a fool!

Typer Person:*

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The letter is pathetic. He writes like he speaks, so not a real surprise. Although I would think that someone along the way would have re-written the thing and brought it up to maybe an 8th grade level of literacy for him. He must be insisting that nobody change a word. And it was the Trump administration that released that letter. So they looked at it after the fact and decided the optics were good. Which is fairly amazing.

I would have loved to have been in position to have scooped the original crumpled up letter out of Erdogan's circular file. I'm betting you could sell that for bank!

Cracks me up how all the Dems are totally for military intervention in the region with a Republican in the White House. Does anybody really believe that if there was a Democrat in the White House the Republicans and Dems would be parroting the opposite of what they are now?

It's such a game. A game for suckers.

I'm not down with the retarded way in which this pullout is being handled, but this crap needs to end somewhere. Just not like this.
Thank you.

The Kurds' goal appears to be a pretty secular, modern democracy. At least relative to their neighbors. They appear to be willing to fight for it. More than I can say for the Sunnis/Shiites (whoever the Iraqi army was) opposing ISIS, who surrendered real gear to fanatics in hiluxes.

Remember the kid from VB, I think he may have joined the armed forces? Remember how badly he felt for the Kurds?

I think this is where a lot of the soft spot is coming from. I distinctly remember telling the kid from VB that no small teams of special forces were going to make Kurds, Sunnis, and Shiites play well with each other in "Iraq" the country the Brits doodled, especially given the external forces for/against each side, but within the "Kurdistan region" if you will, guilty as charged, the left likes them more than the Turks, Iranians, Assad Regime, Isis, and Sunnis/Shiites, and they are one of the largest stateless nations on Earth. Again, feelz. Guilty. I accept it.

I'm not seeing widespread support on the left for intervention in Yemen (other than humanitarian aid like always) or a hot war with Iran, or butting directly into the Syrian civil war ***outside*** the "Kurdistan" zone.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I didn't vote for him.

I love that he makes you distressed, desperate, deranged, and delusional though.

It's almost enough to make me want to vote for him.:LOL:

I wonder how many years he's taken off your life so far, Pig?
Even though he's basically done nothing I asked for I will be voting for him simply because of the consternation he causes

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Dear President Erdogan:

I am increasingly concerned about the loss of innocent life that is occurring in Syria. No doubt you are concerned regarding this travesty as well. Surely we can work together and achieve a solution that will save lives and be beneficial to all concerned? In my view that would be preferable to either of us implementing policies that could cause more negative repercussions.

The unfortunate situation in Syria has cost us much in the way of blood, treasure and effort. We have a responsibility to the global community to apply our best efforts to finding a solution that works for everybody. I'm sure there are concessions/compromises that can be made that you would find persuasive. Towards that end please note the enclosed confidential letter from General Whats-his-face.

History will not look kindly upon us if we fail to avert this tragedy. Let's combine our efforts and avoid the potentially horrible consequences this situation threatens to produce. Please consider the situation carefully. I will contact you later for a more personal discussion.

I look forward to both of us working together to achieve a positive result.

Sincerely,

DJT

Reactions: Ifallalot