Americas Governor is in real trouble.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Thanks to sh!t-tons of millionaires and a nicely progressive income tax, CA is sitting on a $90B surplus/rainy day fund. I'll gladly cash my check, although I would also like to see Newsom spend $10 - 20B on much-needed infrastructure projects. Whatever, if the downturn gets bad we'll be in a nice spot.

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
Thanks to sh!t-tons of millionaires and a nicely progressive income tax, CA is sitting on a $90B surplus/rainy day fund. I'll gladly cash my check, although I would also like to see Newsom spend $10 - 20B on much-needed infrastructure projects. Whatever, if the downturn gets bad we'll be in a nice spot.
How’s about using that money to finish that railroad? The bridges are already built.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
There is no surplus.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
There is no surplus.
My sister claims they hide a lot of the money so they don't have to give it to public ed.

I guess the night before they did the budget for the CSUs, he pulled 110 million he promised off the table and singed the budget.

Haha.

The CSUs are flush with cash too.

They just don't want to spend it.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
The CSUs will hire Deans of Poorly Performing Student Emotional Services complete with staffs of 50 pencil-pushers. That ought to clean up that little surplus problem and they can avoid spending it on actual education. If the budget ever goes down they can keep the Dean and fire professors and hire more adjuncts.

Reactions: Havoc

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
California is my resident state ding dong.
that's insane...why not change nexus to FL?

I was going to do that for NV since I"m just renting and don't have my name on any in state titles, but then I saw the rigamarole that CA puts you through to prove you're actually leaving the state

but still...worth it, IMO

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Banning books?

If I ran a school and had parents complaining about certain books being taught in the classroom, I would make them read the book first and write a book report on it. A good one, too. And if they are caught plagiarizing, they get detention. :beer:

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
If I ran a school and had parents complaining about certain books being taught in the classroom, I would make them read the book first and write a book report on it. A good one, too. And if they are caught plagiarizing, they get detention. :beer:
I’d like to punish some of the hot moms who have kids at my sons school. Detention, maybe some spanking too.