American concentration camps: 2019 edition.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
They're not vermin and I don't want them in substandard conditions. But I also think the alternative of releasing them instead of simply sending them back is unacceptable. Better to improve their conditions here ASAP; then send them back ASAP.

I object to catch-n-release.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
GDaddy said:
Charity is when we choose to give. It's stealing when someone forces us to give.

Back in the day, charity almost always came with strings attached, the exception being widows and orphans. If a functioning adult fkt their situation up so badly that they couldn't take care of themselves and their family they could get help on condition that they changed the behavior that got them into that mess ASAP.

The application of no-questions-asked entitlements is a more recent development. WRT these kids, they ARE being taken care of in better conditions than what their parents had previously subjected them to. The apparent expectation that we would be compelled to release them just because they managed to overwhelm our resources was a cynical and immoral move on the part of the parents and the smugglers and there's no reason we should submit to that manipulation.

Take care of the kids for the time being then send them back. Expedite the processing and then ban the parents for life. If we want to import people to farm for cheap labor and votes then expand the legal immigration quotas as appropriate. Open the front door wider and let more people in that way. But WE retain discretion over quantity and quality, not them.
GDaddy said:
Charity is when we choose to give. It's stealing when someone forces us to give.

Back in the day, charity almost always came with strings attached, the exception being widows and orphans. If a functioning adult fkt their situation up so badly that they couldn't take care of themselves and their family they could get help on condition that they changed the behavior that got them into that mess ASAP.

The application of no-questions-asked entitlements is a more recent development. WRT these kids, they ARE being taken care of in better conditions than what their parents had previously subjected them to. The apparent expectation that we would be compelled to release them just because they managed to overwhelm our resources was a cynical and immoral move on the part of the parents and the smugglers and there's no reason we should submit to that manipulation.

Take care of the kids for the time being then send them back. Expedite the processing and then ban the parents for life. If we want to import people to farm for cheap labor and votes then expand the legal immigration quotas as appropriate. Open the front door wider and let more people in that way. But WE retain discretion over quantity and quality, not them.
The classic Gdaddy The Reframer, thought.

Short answer I won’t let JC steal from me. Die though your own choices.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
GDaddy said:
They're not vermin and I don't want them in substandard conditions. But I also think the alternative of releasing them instead of simply sending them back is unacceptable. Better to improve their conditions here ASAP; then send them back ASAP.

I bet Squanto said that too as we slaughtered him and his people.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Kento said:
GDaddy said:

Who's we?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
ifallalot said:
Kento said:
GDaddy said:

Who's we?
Pilgrims, right? While they should have stayed home and fixed their own problems instead of seeking asylum, I guess they had to kill the indigenous as God commanded.

Hey, I do have a section in my family tree that came off the Mayflower. My kraut side overpowered them, though. :jam_on:

Kind of funny but isn't the migrant and Muslim overrun (as some like to call it) the perfect extension of bad karma coming back to bite with barbed fangs?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
GDaddy said:

Would you say that we're improving the conditions of those that we currently have in detention?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
frvcvs said:
GDaddy said:

Would you say that we're improving the conditions of those that we currently have in detention?
He means improving the conditions of the holding centers.

Improving the overall condition of the migrants is not our problem

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
frvcvs said:
GDaddy said:

He means improving the conditions of the holding centers.

Improving the overall condition of the migrants is not our problem
Who is "we"?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
How many of you have been forced to leave your country of origin because life there was so unbearable that you figured the risk of trekking 1000 miles would be worth it?

A friend I used to work with is from Vietnam and his parents put him and his sister on a boat in the south china sea back in the 80s figuring they'd have a better shot at life if they were boat people.

Luckily the gamble paid off and the guy and all six of his siblings were adopted by an American family.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
hal9000 said:
How many of you have been forced to leave your country of origin because life there was so unbearable that you figured the risk of trekking 1000 miles would be worth it?

A friend I used to work with is from Vietnam and his parents put him and his sister on a boat in the south china sea back in the 80s figuring they'd have a better shot at life if they were boat people.

Luckily the gamble paid off and the guy and all six of his siblings were adopted by an American family.
Cool story

How do you adopt taking every poor person in the world as a policy?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
hal9000 said:
Well, I live in California so I wouldn’t be surprised if this happens in the near future.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Duffy said:
hal9000 said:
Well, I live in California so I wouldn’t be surprised if this happens in the near future.
nobody is stopping you, I heard you can just walk out if you want.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
heelnipstr said:
Duffy said:
hal9000 said:
love it or leave it.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
GromsDad said:
hal9000 said:
Hopefully one of them has the presence of mind to have a hidden camera.
You think they'll get pictures of the Gas Chambers, the Ovens and stacks of corpses?
No but Falwell will use the camera feeds for initial Cabana boy(s) screening. Duggars, Milo, Alex Jones, and others will attend the ensuing auctions.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
GromsDad said:
hal9000 said:
Hopefully one of them has the presence of mind to have a hidden camera.
You think they'll get pictures of the Gas Chambers, the Ovens and stacks of corpses?
I heard they're all secret slaughterhouses, like the 1941 Bucharest pogrom