Alternatives to higher ed

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I like Jill Biden and think she is a pretty good FLOTUS. Making a good example by working a real job instead of just redecorating the WH or some of the usual BS.

But she has an EdD, not a PhD. An order of magnitude easier to get.

Reactions: Havoc and Woke AF

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I like Jill Biden and think she is a pretty good FLOTUS. Making a good example by working a real job instead of just redecorating the WH or some of the usual BS.

But she has an EdD, not a PhD. An order of magnitude easier to get.
I stand corrected.....doctor

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Lots of lecturers and instructors call themselves professors at the college level.

The kids call me that.

I used to correct them but they like to think their college teacher is a professor.

I like to say to them, "I'm sorry you got a dumb teacher."

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Occasionally I am asked to represent family/student interests in formal meetings with school officials. Almost always everyone in the room is female; school culture is female-dominant w/ a token male here and there.

These meetings are attended by high level district administrators with their aids, lawyers, psychologists, and lowly classroom teachers. More than once I was introduced by the admin. aid as Dr. WokeAF only because of my gender and novelty. Instant power w/o 10's of thousands of $$$ of debt and lost years of servitude.
:roflmao:

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.

PLEASE keep our precious children away from these groomers !! )

1672251146836.png

• Wow
Reactions: Kento and afoaf

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The pendulum swings, too far every time. But it never stops swinging.
In 2007 it was LGBT.

They were pushing that sh!t hard.

Then the crash came and it all went away.

Covid slowed the anti race stuff down but they are all in and flush with cash so . . . .

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Wokeness is make-work for useless privileged people - the type Mao put out on the rice paddies.
Mao imprisoned people who could think for themselves and wanted freedom. You realized that Mao was possibly the worst mass murderer in history, ruined his country, starved his people, imprisoned or killed anybody who wanted any liberty whatsoever, and was generally a world-class asshole.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Mao imprisoned people who could think for themselves and wanted freedom. You realized that Mao was possibly the worst mass murderer in history, ruined his country, starved his people, imprisoned or killed anybody who wanted any liberty whatsoever, and was generally a world-class asshole.
Yep. And we eventually backed him.
1672770896391.png

He wasn't all bad though - he put the useless academics and teachers out on the rice paddies.