All Losers Along the Western Front

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
What a guy...

What's the hardest training? SERE school? SEALs? As Commander in Chief on a cross-training mission, I think Trump would be well served with a bit of that to finish out his term(s). Maybe his supporters can eat more beetles in solidarity. Although McDonalds does give them a transitional advantage...

Last edited:

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
On Memorial Day 2017, Trump visited Arlington National Cemetery, a short drive from the White House. He was accompanied on this visit by John Kelly, who was then the secretary of homeland security, and who would, a short time later, be named the White House chief of staff. The two men were set to visit Section 60, the 14-acre area of the cemetery that is the burial ground for those killed in America’s most recent wars. Kelly’s son Robert is buried in Section 60. A first lieutenant in the Marine Corps, Robert Kelly was killed in 2010 in Afghanistan. He was 29. Trump was meant, on this visit, to join John Kelly in paying respects at his son’s grave, and to comfort the families of other fallen service members. But according to sources with knowledge of this visit, Trump, while standing by Robert Kelly’s grave, turned directly to his father and said, “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?” Kelly (who declined to comment for this story) initially believed, people close to him said, that Trump was making a ham-handed reference to the selflessness of America’s all-volunteer force. But later he came to realize that Trump simply does not understand non-transactional life choices.

“He can’t fathom the idea of doing something for someone other than himself,” one of Kelly’s friends, a retired four-star general, told me. “He just thinks that anyone who does anything when there’s no direct personal gain to be had is a sucker. There’s no money in serving the nation.” Kelly’s friend went on to say, “Trump can’t imagine anyone else’s pain. That’s why he would say this to the father of a fallen marine on Memorial Day in the cemetery where he’s buried.”

I’ve asked numerous general officers over the past year for their analysis of Trump’s seeming contempt for military service. They offer a number of explanations. Some of his cynicism is rooted in frustration, they say. Trump, unlike previous presidents, tends to believe that the military, like other departments of the federal government, is beholden only to him, and not the Constitution. Many senior officers have expressed worry about Trump’s understanding of the rules governing the use of the armed forces. This issue came to a head in early June, during demonstrations in Washington, D.C., in response to police killings of Black people. James Mattis, the retired Marine general and former secretary of defense, lambasted Trump at the time for ordering law-enforcement officers to forcibly clear protesters from Lafayette Square, and for using soldiers as props: “When I joined the military, some 50 years ago, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution,” Mattis wrote. “Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside.”

I remember when you were funny !! ) :)

Yeah, right.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Why do some people in the military love him?

Did trump do a Don Jr on em?

Treat them like sh!t so they love you?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Trumby has a long-held disdain for veterans

Remember the early 90s?

loosers.

Last edited:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
This report about something that supposedly happened in 2018 seems super credible. The bestest reporting ever. You've got him now.
yeah it’s totally out of line with his past comments on John McCain. He’d never say such a thing!:poke:

• Haha
Reactions: hal9000

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
This report about something that supposedly happened in 2018 seems super credible. The bestest reporting ever. You've got him now.
it's completely consistent with other reports about Trump's attitude toward military service - and his own words. the most disgusting part about it is that, even if it was true, it would not diminish your support at all.

Reactions: Woke AF and Kento

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Trump thinks everyone is a looser.

Even those who support him.

He creates that frame to assert dominance.

If you think a guy that thinks you are a looser is a good president, I tilt my head and say, Hmm.

Reactions: hal9000