Alex Knost?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Donuts---> I got a ride to/from a Portland show when Iggy was doing the solo thing in the mid-80s from a young Idaho woman (with red hair) driving a late 70s Ford LTD who played BTO on the 8-track (other cassettes were AC/DC, KISS, and Meatloaf...if I member correctly. She said they came with the car.) Good times at 15 mpg :cheers:

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
I was already a Knost fan, but this single session at Blackies made him one of my all time favorites. I've surfed in the same lineup as him, but never talked to him

Same here...I asked him about his board in the parking lot & he talked way more than he had to....nice dude & very talented in real life surfing

Reactions: Havoc
Jan 30, 2014
Santa Cruz Mtns
Same here...I asked him about his board in the parking lot & he talked way more than he had to....nice dude & very talented in real life surfing
Traded waves and briefly chatted with him when he was surfing Pleasure P. a few years ago. Respectful visitor and cool in the water. Talented surfer.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Surfed with him in Salina Cruz. Double overhead sets right in front of the rocks. He was ripping. Smooth, stylish.

• Haha
Reactions: noone999

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
that would’ve been a really weird bill! :roflmao:

b.t.o. - does anyone remember them? there used to be so many incongruous bookings back then...

around that time, at the acadamy of music in nyc, i saw slade :foreheadslap:, backed up by black oak arkansas:loser::loser:. (what happened to the puke emoji?)... i have no idea why i went to that!?
I saw the Slade show at sunshine inn.
The shoes were huge.
I inked my hand.

and KISS there too.

first show as asbury chall J. Geils backed up by the quintesential
one-hit-wonder band Looking Glass (Brandy).
you're a fine girl.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
I didn't start this thread to bag on Knost. He's a nice alternative to the jock-shred mentality. He even put out a few catchy tunes with his last band.

I noticed he gave away all his clothes and him and his chick have gotten more political. Shred on.

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
he rides a lot of bonzers. makes some 3 finned things himself. the campbell bros. like they guy. he's surfed here before. totally ripped, was very mellow, gave away a board to a local kid. he had a gathering at his gallery for the bonzer bros. nothing but nice. just different.

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Donuts---> I got a ride to/from a Portland show when Iggy was doing the solo thing in the mid-80s from a young Idaho woman (with red hair) driving a late 70s Ford LTD who played BTO on the 8-track (other cassettes were AC/DC, KISS, and Meatloaf...if I member correctly. She said they came with the car.) Good times at 15 mpg :cheers:
a young idaho woman with red hair would
be just what the doctor ordered here!
mileage be damned...

8-tracks!

:)

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
I saw the Slade show at sunshine inn.
The shoes were huge.
I inked my hand.

and KISS there too.

first show as asbury chall J. Geils backed up by the quintesential
one-hit-wonder band Looking Glass (Brandy).
you're a fine girl.
black sabbath played there.
and humble pie!

plus a couple of early brcsprngstn bands...

black sabbath...:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Reactions: potato-nator