if that happens he should send a dozen
pair of vans slip-ons to maybe...

• Dislike
Reactions: noone999

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
obviously a waste of money since you didn't know.
:shark:

no, not at all. i’m not the demographic that their ads are aiming for. i have very little idea of who sponsors who, or anything that’s being produced by the massive asian slave labor industrial death surf complex, or what’s really going on...

coincidentally, i just bought a pair of van’s loafer-sneaks two weeks ago. i haven’t had a set in at least ten years. the last two pairs i got had the uppers shred apart in a matter of weeks. wtf? they must have been sourcing cheapsh:t chinese canvas...will see how these go...:cool:

(remember when cons chuck taylors had the nice flexi-grippy brown rubber soles? now they’re partially some kind of sawdust composite china shite. the old stuff was the best for skating! fmw...)

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
black sabbath played there.
and humble pie!

plus a couple of early brcsprngstn bands...

black sabbath...:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
super-hazy but were not Black Sabbath at C Hall?
humble pie. whoa. yup.
and Commander Cody and his lost planet airmen.....
I think i remember...that...

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
super-hazy but were not Black Sabbath at C Hall?
humble pie. whoa. yup.
and Commander Cody and his lost planet airmen.....
I think i remember...that...
i’m sure the sabs played convention hall at some point. almost everybody did...

how about this: in 1972 my friend drove 4 of us up to the poconos for concert 10. in his ford van . the sabs were headliners but cancelled at the last minute. place was a rainy, cold, sh:thole, and i smoked so much hash and drank so much rolling rock, that i spent most of the time passed out and all i remembered seeing was a set by cactus (?) nothing else!:roflmao:

i think humble pie was there too, but while i was napping...

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
That's rad corndog - they seem like solid dudes.

I went to high school with his chick's older sister - you clearly got me beat there. :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: noone999

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Another thing that I've seen Alex do, which I'm surprised more pros aren't nuanced in this, is chat up and hype up the buyers of their sponsors. My bro in law is a buyer for a big shop on Main Street. Alex saw him on the North Shore last year and bee lined it right to him and was introducing him to others, hooting him in to waves, etc. They know each other from Vans related stuff, but was going out of his way to chat him up and get him in the right spot to get good waves. My bro in law said most pros act like rockstar dickheads, until their career fizzles and they're trying to become reps.

jmh

Mar 11, 2002
The Sunshine Inn! I saw the Allman Brothers with Duane there in 1970 (?). Opening act was Dr Zoom and the Sonic Boom, some Springsteen project. That building was made of wood and you could feel the vibrations of the music from the outside if you touched the walls.I'm 17, high on something, and feeling the opening to "Whippin' Post." Good times.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I like about 80% of the surfing in that Vans video. I like the music too so take my opinion with a grain of salt and maybe some tequila if that's your bag. Some of his personal inflection, mannerisms, style habits or whatever I'm looking for is exaggerated to the point it seems sarcastic to me which is a fresh icing on the often tired longboard cake.
Smith Island Cake!!
Longboard has been frustrating me lately, but that's almost the only option so far this week.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I like Alex's surfing when he gets on midlengths

he's clearly a talented longboarding, but I like his crouched and carvy approach
to bigger waves on (retro-ish) mids

Reactions: Chocki

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Alright, Tomorrow's Tulips question
Is Jennifer Agnew related to Rick or Alfie Agnew of Adolescent s etc. fame?

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Alright, Tomorrow's Tulips question
Is Jennifer Agnew related to Rick or Alfie Agnew of Adolescent s etc. fame?
Ummm. I was waiting for a big guitar solo. When it came at the end, kit was small and... it...irked me. They ain't no Allman Brothers, that's for sure...