Album Surfboards

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Holy hell, what happened here guys :). This is an Album thread. two blokes got into a pissing match in Oceanside. Happens 10 times a day. Plus there’s no reason discussing because nothing will ever top two old knee boarders screaming at each other at Fort Point:

”fck you. I’ve never seen you before and I’ve been surfing here 23 yrs kook”
”you‘re the fck’n kook, I’ve been coming here 24yrs and I dont know you”

* no part of that is embellished and I had been out at least 15 times when they were both out*

Heres a Bom Dia vs BomDia round tail twin in hopes of righting the ship
BD71FA61-ACAA-495C-81B6-13E9CBAB2D3E.jpegBD71FA61-ACAA-495C-81B6-13E9CBAB2D3E.jpeg

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Holy hell, what happened here guys :). This is an Album thread. two blokes got into a pissing match in Oceanside. Happens 10 times a day. Plus there’s no reason discussing because nothing will ever top two old knee boarders screaming at each other at Fort Point:

”fck you. I’ve never seen you before and I’ve been surfing here 23 yrs kook”
”you‘re the fck’n kook, I’ve been coming here 24yrs and I dont know you”

* no part of that is embellished and I had been out at least 15 times when they were both out*

Heres a Bom Dia vs BomDia round tail twin in hopes of righting the ship
View attachment 146664View attachment 146664
which one is more BomDiggity?

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
if you want to get better at surfing - surf more, surf better waves more, this is not an endeavour of analysis and review. Go out and surf and enjoy yourself, have fun, put the camera away.
Feedback, in whatever form, is a basic component of training in any activity. Just doing more of something can actually ingrain bad habits or technique and inhibit improvement. But by all means, you do you. :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
You would benefit greatly by riding a single fin for awhile.

No joke.

Also, as posted above, you are getting better.
I still bottom turn and carve based on muscle memory from the year I spent on a single fin (2005ish). Single fin makes you surf so much better and teaches you to ride the pocket.

Slater told Clay Marzo to ride one for a year and he’d be world champion, back in the Young Guns days.

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
Is this the same thing as the squishman that some of you have? Curious if this version goes better in socal burgers, or still best for waves that have push and curve

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Feedback, in whatever form, is a basic component of training in any activity. Just doing more of something can actually ingrain bad habits or technique and inhibit improvement. But by all means, you do you. :roflmao:
Shoulder hopping and going straight needs analyzing better investment new beach buoy so you can keep track of your shoulder hopping positioning :shrug:

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
I've talked to pro surfers and they've told me that film review is one the major things that helped them improve their surfing. Seeing yourself surf and analyzing what your feeling vs. whats happening in the water is a great tool for improving your surfing. Its probably the thing that's helped me improve the most.

I see coaches on the beach all the time filming their students and telling them what to work on. It kind of goes without saying that seeing yourself surf/skate/snowboard will help you identify areas for improvement. I dont see how you can argue it wouldn't help you?
vomit worthy

FYI:
Cholo= jerking off in front of a mirror n finishing off by giving yourself a facial.

Last edited:

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
Is this the same thing as the squishman that some of you have? Curious if this version goes better in socal burgers, or still best for waves that have push and curve
I have what the album guys told me was the “Twinsquish” variation. Looking at the dims in your link it looks like the Asher variant is twin squishier. My board is 5’7 x 20.5 x 2 3/8.
The version I have has worked well in so cal although I usually save it for when the better than average days (shoulder high or better). The Asher version looks similar to the og plasmic dims.