Album Surfboards

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I paddled out on Sunday, alone, on southside of the Jetty. The water is brown from the Rivermouth that broke a few weeks ago and its a 6ft high tide (dropping) with barley a little 2ft peek. But I had a new fin setup i wanted to try so i didnt care. I caught 2 waves (alone) and then saw some sets that broke at the top. So i decide to wait there until another set comes.

I turn around about 10 minutes later and I see about 8 people (2 older guys and about 6 kids). All people that I recognize by face as locals from Oceanside. Then I see this skinny little weasley looking dude carrying a red Album board, with his girlfriend and another guy, walk to the edge of the jetty, hop off, paddle underneath me and he catches a set wave! Obviously, I'm fucking pissed. The other 8 people that showed up didn't do that sh!t. They watched and saw who was where and spread out to different peaks or took waves on the inside.

So i patiently wait for another set. Mindful of my positioning. The wave comes, I see the asshole with the red board paddle for it, i take off anyways, i see him behind me, i down carve to get him off the wave, he grabs me, pushes me off my board and we both fall. I start yelling at the prick! Explaining to him that i've been sitting there waiting for fucking 40 min and I saw his weasley ass walk on the jetty and jump off about 10 minutes ago and that sh!t aint flying! He calls me a kook and tells me i need to learn to surf. He talks sh!t about my camera too so I know he knows who i am. The guy is a weasle and that needs to learn to pay attention who is in the water when he paddles out with his girlfriend and buddy.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I paddled out on Sunday, alone, on southside of the Jetty. The water is brown from the Rivermouth that broke a few weeks ago and its a 6ft high tide (dropping) with barley a little 2ft peek. But I had a new fin setup i wanted to try so i didnt care. I caught 2 waves (alone) and then saw some sets that broke at the top. So i decide to wait there until another set comes.

I turn around about 10 minutes later and I see about 8 people (2 older guys and about 6 kids). All people that I recognize by face as locals from Oceanside. Then I see this skinny little weasley looking dude carrying a red Album board, with his girlfriend and another guy, walk to the edge of the jetty, hop off, paddle underneath me and he catches a set wave! Obviously, I'm fucking pissed. The other 8 people that showed up didn't do that sh!t. They watched and saw who was where and spread out to different peaks or took waves on the inside.

So i patiently wait for another set. Mindful of my positioning. The wave comes, I see the asshole with the red board paddle for it, i take off anyways, i see him behind me, i down carve to get him off the wave, he grabs me, pushes me off my board and we both fall. I start yelling at the prick! Explaining to him that i've been sitting there waiting for fucking 40 min and I saw his weasley ass walk on the jetty and jump off about 10 minutes ago and that sh!t aint flying! He calls me a kook and tells me i need to learn to surf. He talks sh!t about my camera too so I know he knows who i am. The guy is a weasle and that needs to learn to pay attention who is in the water when he paddles out with his girlfriend and buddy.
Video:ROFLMAO:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

@ReForest I bet all 5'2" of you and your gopro mouth mount left red weasel with skid marks :drowning:

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise

ya, i pretty much burn morans who paddle out and go on 1st set while i've been waiting. don't down carve next time, soul arch instead...

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Unfortunately this is the new normal. my favorite are the guys trying to do laps while riding a wavestorm
I love doing this at a local break here in SB. Used to surf this spot all the time but in recent years I’ll just hit it occasionally on wind swells, maybe once or twice a year.

Show up with a Wavestorm and all the kids (whose parents are usually out with them and I know them well) try to vibe me or just straight up tell me to leave. I laugh at them and ”do laps”. Just fuckking blast right through the pack.

HahahaahahA!!!!!

Reactions: JDJ

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

Don’t you know who I am!?!?!?!?!

• Haha
Reactions: Goodfish and Aruka