Album Surfboards

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
YOLO showed up today. Custom PU Lightbender with the wing 5'4 x 19.75 x 2.32 right around 29L. Ordered on Dec. 6 directly through Album and showed up on my doorstep today. Big shout out to Matt for answering all my questions and being super helpful in the whole process!

Initial thoughts vs. my other Albums (pics below). This is the first time I've actually seen/held a Lightbender. Matt suggested this board based on the typical FL surf I ride and what I was looking to get out of it. To me, the LB is Plasmic in the front and Twinsman in the back. It's got a nice, beaked full nose with a good amount of volume and tapers nicely into a fairly narrow swallow tail (about the same width as my 5'5 TM, but a deeper swallow). The rails are an in-between of the Plasmic and TM...full, but not as tapered as the TM.

All in all, I'm stocked and can't wait to ride it! Unfortunately I'm dealing with an MCL sprain at the moment so it will probably be a couple more weeks until that happens. Until then I need to find a good set of fins, some traction and a high-end leash string for her :LOL:

Pics from L to R:
Stoke 5'0 Plasmic
Custom 5'4 Lightbender
Stoke 5'5 Twinsman

IMG_6204.JPG

IMG_6205.JPG

IMG_6206.JPG

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
YOLO showed up today. Custom PU Lightbender with the wing 5'4 x 19.75 x 2.32 right around 29L. Ordered on Dec. 6 directly through Album and showed up on my doorstep today. Big shout out to Matt for answering all my questions and being super helpful in the whole process!

Initial thoughts vs. my other Albums (pics below). This is the first time I've actually seen/held a Lightbender. Matt suggested this board based on the typical FL surf I ride and what I was looking to get out of it. To me, the LB is Plasmic in the front and Twinsman in the back. It's got a nice, beaked full nose with a good amount of volume and tapers nicely into a fairly narrow swallow tail (about the same width as my 5'5 TM, but a deeper swallow). The rails are an in-between of the Plasmic and TM...full, but not as tapered as the TM.

All in all, I'm stocked and can't wait to ride it! Unfortunately I'm dealing with an MCL sprain at the moment so it will probably be a couple more weeks until that happens. Until then I need to find a good set of fins, some traction and a high-end leash string for her :LOL:

Pics from L to R:
Stoke 5'0 Plasmic
Custom 5'4 Lightbender
Stoke 5'5 Twinsman

View attachment 145831

View attachment 145829

View attachment 145830
So is the winged LB called a twinbender or is that different? I don’t remember my standard LB having as much of a beak nose as you describe and rails not thick.

Had the 6’7 stretched Twinsman out in HH+ walls today. Perfect for this winter reef. I think I like this more than Townsend as alt hipster stap twin. More familiar to what I usually ride

Last edited:
Reactions: chilly1 and Havoc

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
So is the winged LB called a twinbender or is that different? I don’t remember my standard LB having as much of a beak nose as you describe and rails not thick.

Had the 6’7 stretched Twinsman out in HH+ walls today. Perfect for this winter reef. I think I like this more than Townsend as alt hipster stap twin. More familiar to what I usually ride
try my 6’10 townsend

Reactions: oeste858

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
I’ve heard it called that but not sure if that’s what I got. I originally inquired about getting a Plasmic EAST, but after chatting more with Matt about the waves I typically surf and what I wanted out of the boar, we settled on the winged bender.

Heres a pic of the “beak” on my bender and plamsy. Keep in mind my plamsy is a 5’0 so maybe smaller boars have less beak? Stoke 5’0 plams has same listed rail thickness as my bender at 2.32

256AAF48-500B-4439-B979-48DDA9CBC14A.jpeg

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I’ve heard it called that but not sure if that’s what I got. I originally inquired about getting a Plasmic EAST, but after chatting more with Matt about the waves I typically surf and what I wanted out of the boar, we settled on the winged bender.

Heres a pic of the “beak” on my bender and plamsy. Keep in mind my plamsy is a 5’0 so maybe smaller boars have less beak? Stoke 5’0 plams has same listed rail thickness as my bender at 2.32

View attachment 145865
I think your plasmic in the front/twinsman in the back assessment is fair.

the foil on my OG py lightbender looked just like yours. my varial plasmic’s beak is less defined and more blended, however.

Reactions: Goofy_Footed

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
The old guard at trestles was for real - you showed them respect because it was the right thing to do and there use to be consequences for acting like a prick in the line up - Matt was new and acting entitled and got bitched slapped - that should have been the end of the story - I say he got off lucky. To bring fucking scum sucking parasite lawyers into it was a fucking Puss move. That was just way it was back then. I surf there all the time and the only guy I see out on a Album is Matt - no one else in town rides them - that should tell you something.
who is this old guard u speak of? most of the old guard guys are just adult learner kooks who started surfing 2-3 yrs ago but try to hassle u for every wave. they usually bring an entourage of blow ins too. rinse repeat every 2-3 yrs.