Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
a narrower thinner version of this would be fun times

Reactions: Aruka

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Just sharing what Matt wrote me, RE: Townsend Twin pin vs. Moonstone Pin for anyone interested:

"Both are great paddlers. Moonstone pin would probably be my first choice for NJ tubes and better surf. It gets in super early but can knife in a little better than the Townsend. For overall versatility the Townsend probably has an advantage with a little more surface area
Can't really go wrong with either!"

Last edited:

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Kerrzy’s “favorite small wave boar” Bom Dia Twin :unsure:

I’m pretty sure I read similarly pontificated statements for several of Jack Freestone’s borts via Album’s and/or Jack’s IG.

Reactions: Goofy_Footed

encladd

OTF status
Oct 8, 2019
Just came by to say that the Plamsy and I are officially an item. Things started off a little dicey between us with AMTs and Salsa P-twins, but we spent the long weekend working things out with a set of CF Elmores. Now it’s a match made in heaven :love:
What didn't you like about the AMT's? What do you like about the Elmores?

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
What didn't you like about the AMT's? What do you like about the Elmores?
AMTs were too loose/squirrely for my liking. Granted, I only had one session on them, but I don't think giving them another try would have changed my mind. The Salsa P-twins were better, but after riding them for a while, I realized they made the board feel tracky. They were fast going down the line, but I couldn't get up into the lip quick enough with them.

The Elmores feel like a good balance between the AMTs and Salsas. Loose enough to get into the lip quickly, but I can still hold a rail without feeling like it's going to slide unless I want it to. The board still has plenty of speed on-tap as well.

Keep in mind, I'm 5'10 155-160lbs and surfing FL beach breaks. The sessions I've had on the Elmores range from choppy waist-chest mush, glassy shoulder high dumpy conditions, and waist-stomach lines with offshore winds. The board/fins have done very well in all of these conditions.

Jan 28, 2011
NC
Has anyone out there had the same model board direct from Album and also in Varial?

One of my buddies has a Varial Twinsman and it is quite a bit different than my PU. His has a beaked nose and the flat deck is not nearly as pronounced as the one I have from Album.

Been thinking about ordering a new Plasmic from Varial to replace my old beat up PU version but wanted to ask others experience first.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Has anyone out there had the same model board direct from Album and also in Varial?

One of my buddies has a Varial Twinsman and it is quite a bit different than my PU. His has a beaked nose and the flat deck is not nearly as pronounced as the one I have from Album.

Been thinking about ordering a new Plasmic from Varial to replace my old beat up PU version but wanted to ask others experience first.
plasmic file has changed a bit over the years.

you’re probs best off consulting direct with Matt and making sure you get the file you want if wanting a replica of a specific one.

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Who’s yoloing?