Album Surfboards

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Since @Aruka mentioned using the Rastas in his Plasmid, I have been eager to try them in mine. I don't think I would installed these on the Plasmid. I got an opportunity yesterday, only me and my buddy at the break. It was shoulder high with a few bigger head high sets @ reef break. First wave the board took off, and I wasn't ready for the speed. Recalibrated after that, and then it was spicy. The speed was a hoot, and it had fairly good hold. The fin set-up was enjoyable, especially in the shoulder high range, freed it up nicely. In the bigger sets, the board lacked that consistent hold and was almost too fast. If I nailed it, I was flying down line and could use that speed working the wave, making the 6' 10" wide board feel almost small. It was connecting to sections that I didn't know were there -haha. A fun of number ending barrels, as you could slide into position. I was grinning from ear to ear. In general, the Rastas worked in the bigger sets. However, if I didn't nail it, it was body bullet into the ocean, even those were entertaining. For shoulder high and less, the Rastas are fun fins in the Plasmid - thanks for the recommendation!

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Bros, I'm starting to think the fishy 5'9 Plasmasym is the midlength I've been searching for. :ROFLMAO:
Paddles great, catches anything, speed, glide and flow... but rips when you push it from the tail. Really making the case for asym tail.
Had this + 5'11 Punksanity in my car the past week and it's a pretty good 2-boar quiver fo avg. SD wav .

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
@ReForest you should try this, it's your size:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
@ReForest you should try this, it's your size:

Wowza!!

Reactions: RobG814

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Got a set of CF Elmore’s in the mail today to try in the Plasmic. Friday’s looking to be the day to get them in the water. They appear to be very similar to my FCS MR set which is my all-time favorite fin, so I’m hyped to see how they go.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Might as well just do the whole panel at that point

View attachment 142608
Yeah, I don’t know anything about glassing but it really seems like more work to skip that little spot in the tail. Clearly an “artistic” choice at this point… LightsOut’s signature. LOL someone must be telling them to keep it up. #wabisabi