Album Surfboards

HSY

OTF status
Aug 15, 2011
Thanks for the recommendation, Ive been wanting to try something with a bit more rake than the cobra twins and forgot I already had these TWs. They weren't big enough for a lightbender I used to have. I also have a 3in long permanent scar on my butt from the fiberglass TWs... I would have preferred falling on pretty much any other fin.

I have had the RTM ones in the past and they were fun as a twin+trailer in the HS Misc but I think they would be a little too flexy as a pure twin.
yeah, the fins do look deadly. Although the album NVS fascination twins (which are great fins) in futures probably terrify me more. That sharp point created at the base by the cutaway AND the fin is in G10... The only leash I've ever broken was with those fins and I'm convinced I must've cut the leash on the fins.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
After many Album's here is my attempt to list them in order of preference. Overall I've liked most of them. Some of them quite a lot. The Plasmic is the pretty clear winner after riding the crap out of it last year in a wide variety of waves. Haven't had the 6-11 Plasmid for long enough to really rate it but I like it so far. Symphony and 5-10 Twinsman need more sessions and could move up or down the list, depending. Only the Bpunt and the 6-0 Twinsman were pretty unremarkable for me. Bpunt is meant to be ridden as a Twin/Trailer but it needs a real wave and I'd rather be on a thruster in bigger surf. Rocker felt just a little flat too. 6-0 twinsman was just too big for me. Probably my least favorite Album so far. I was able to sell it for barely less than what I paid and then picked up the 5-10 twinsman from @j_mac which I like much better so it all worked out in the end.

1. 5-9 Varial Carbon Plasmic EAST - NVS Fascination Twin
2. 6-4 PU Bullet Twin RP - NVS Album Upright Twins
3. 6-6 XTR Townsend RP - Alkali Album Twin
4. 5-10 XTR Lightbender - NVS Album Upright
5. 5-11 PU Symphony Twin - Piggyback Keels
6. 6-8 PU Townsend Asym - NVS Fascination Twin
7. 5-10 Varial Carbon Twinsman - True Ames TA Twin
8. 6-2 PU Insanity - NVS Album Upright + Trailer
9. 6-11 XTR Plasmid - NVS Tknox
10. 6-6 PU Bpunt - NVS Album Upright + Trailer
11. 6-0 Darkarts Twinsman - TA Twin

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2008
After many Album's here is my attempt to list them in order of preference. Overall I've liked most of them. Some of them quite a lot. The Plasmic is the pretty clear winner after riding the crap out of it last year in a wide variety of waves. Haven't had the 6-11 Plasmid for long enough to really rate it but I like it so far. Symphony and 5-10 Twinsman need more sessions and could move up or down the list, depending. Only the Bpunt and the 6-0 Twinsman were pretty unremarkable for me. Bpunt is meant to be ridden as a Twin/Trailer but it needs a real wave and I'd rather be on a thruster in bigger surf. Rocker felt just a little flat too. 6-0 twinsman was just too big for me. Probably my least favorite Album so far. I was able to sell it for barely less than what I paid and then picked up the 5-10 twinsman from @j_mac which I like much better so it all worked out in the end.

1. 5-9 Varial Carbon Plasmic EAST
2. 6-4 PU Bullet Twin RP
3. 6-6 XTR Townsend RP
4. 5-10 XTR Lightbender
5. 5-11 PU Symphony Twin
6. 6-8 PU Townsend Asym
7. 5-10 Varial Carbon Twinsman
8. 6-2 PU Insanity
9. 6-11 XTR Plasmid
10. 6-6 PU Bpunt
11. 6-0 Darkarts Twinsman
Would be great to know what fins you like on each board!! Plasmic is such a sick board!

Reactions: Aruka

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California

You need to add a Disorder to this list.

Board seriously rips as an all-arounder.

Its range has surprised me both on the low and high end.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA

I suddenly don't feel so guilty about my collection. o_O
Impressive.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
You need to add a Disorder to this list.

Board seriously rips as an all-arounder.

Its range has surprised me both on the low and high end.
I want an Album back in my life. My 5’6 Twinsman’s low end left a lot to be desired. Any downside going for a pointy nose Disorder rather than the asym nose? I think the asym nose would bug me. Even the stupid offset carbon thread line on my early Chilli’s bugged.

Reactions: jkb and MathDebater

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I want an Album back in my life. My 5’6 Twinsman’s low end left a lot to be desired. Any downside going for a pointy nose Disorder rather than the asym nose? I think the asym nose would bug me. Even the stupid offset carbon thread line on my early Chilli’s bugged.
that's my issue with the Disorder. maybe it wouldn't bother me to have an asym nose but just looking at the outline of most asyms doesn't bring me joy. the Bom Dia is the first one that's had me interested in an asym in a while. i don't doubt the concept. my asym townsend was great.

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
that's my issue with the Disorder. maybe it wouldn't bother me to have an asym nose but just looking at the outline of most asyms doesn't bring me joy. the Bom Dia is the first one that's had me interested in an asym in a while. i don't doubt the concept. my asym townsend was great.
also #6 on ur list