Album Surfboards

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
So I DD a 5'8 dominator 2( I know I know, I got it used for waaay too cheap). I just moved to north Florida from Hawaii and am trying to get used to beach breaks. I wanted to pick up a twinbender but saw that pick of it next to the RNF96. The drewtang lost guy lives here and does excellent pricing on his construction. Has anyone ridden both? The waves here are kind of a fast beach break with some fat sections. I wanted something a little more fishy speedy so I can get to the sections to hit with a bit more time. Any suggestions?
Maybe just show us your t!ts?

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
So I DD a 5'8 dominator 2( I know I know, I got it used for waaay too cheap). I just moved to north Florida from Hawaii and am trying to get used to beach breaks. I wanted to pick up a twinbender but saw that pick of it next to the RNF96. The drewtang lost guy lives here and does excellent pricing on his construction. Has anyone ridden both? The waves here are kind of a fast beach break with some fat sections. I wanted something a little more fishy speedy so I can get to the sections to hit with a bit more time. Any suggestions?
first off, sorry that you had to move to FL from HI...
having tried a Lightbender and owned an RNF96, if you're surfing beach break I'd go RNF96. Lightbender would be fun in lined up point surf

Apr 25, 2015
first off, sorry that you had to move to FL from HI...
having tried a Lightbender and owned an RNF96, if you're surfing beach break I'd go RNF96. Lightbender would be fun in lined up point surf
fwiw, when i chatted with matt a while back, he recommended the twinsman for beach breaks and the lightbender for points.

i bet drew could build you something great for the area under his own label and you'd definitely come out cheaper than a pu/pe album and maybe better than a lost in similar construction.

Reactions: need 4 speed

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Leash plug placement fail!!!

1665420218191.png

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Leash plug placement fail!!!

View attachment 139626
ya, like there's even a fricking stringer there to give it reinforcement or anything.

fail.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Is it all black? The black pad on black board looks pretty cool and you are tall enough to get your foot on the pad. Are you finding the albums work better than your ci for local burgers?
All black.

As for the CI vs Album….

The extra foam packed into the Albums helps, but for ultimate sick shreds and down carve visions the CIs are the choice (when the waves are good).

At crowded spots these days I just say fuck it and fuck all of you, get the board with the most paddle power (within rational reason) and just go full asshole.

I’m old, I can’t compete against the young rippers so I just cheat. Fuck ‘em.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
All black.

As for the CI vs Album….

The extra foam packed into the Albums helps, but for ultimate sick shreds and down carve visions the CIs are the choice (when the waves are good).

At crowded spots these days I just say fook it and fook all of you, get the board with the most paddle power (within rational reason) and just go full asshole.

I’m old, I can’t compete against the young rippers so I just cheat. fook ‘em.
I asked Matt to make me a performance twin - ie the 5' 9"x19" Modtwin, and it is HP twin, refined with foiled rails and volume diminishes, where most Albums sneak volume in. It is a beautiful board. I know the Insanity is stated as Album's HPSB, but this Modtwin is badass, and think it is more HP. You can see how volume is added relative to his other models. The Modtwin was collecting dust as I got it later summer. Waves were good on Saturday, and finally surfed the Modtwin and it worked well from the offshore head high break to the inner, shoulder high wall. I should have surfed this board sooner, as it easy to surf, but this one goes vertical with ease. The Modtwin is not overly rockered out. The blend between the foil, reduced volume etc makes it work. I would say it is just a tad too big for me, but the extra size will be good for me in more critical waves. I think he should bring back the Modtwin as standard in their popular model line-up.

I am still giddy on the 5' 9"x18.5" Bullet Twin - it is perfectly balanced for me. I have surfed it in waist to shoulder high reef breaks, beach breaks, and I surfed it in overhead waves that pitch up, a wave that has lots of power, and it did no wrong - go vertical, fly down the line, handle big drops, etc.

FYI - Bullet Twin has more rocker than the Modtwin, at least by my simple measurements. And both models have the same volume.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Been having a ton of fun on my pointy-nosed Disorder. It's been a great all-arounder and kept things spicy when the waves have been lackluster. Waves turned on yesterday and had an exceptional session on it where I could do no wrong. Was buzzing after that one.

Since this one is more of a step-down, I now want a thinned-out hpsb version of it and dare I say....... a stap version :oops: