Album Surfboards

Feb 13, 2022
San Diego
I just picked up a used stock 5'9 twinsman in varial with infused glass (poly). Only ridden by the previous owner for an hour. It came with the NVS x album uprights. At 185lb and a preference for bigger fins I think ill also order the TA twins.

I'm excited to see if this board lives up to the hype!

Attachments

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I just picked up a used stock 5'9 twinsman in varial with infused glass (poly). Only ridden by the previous owner for an hour. It came with the NVS x album uprights. At 185lb and a preference for bigger fins I think ill also order the TA twins.

I'm excited to see if this board lives up to the hype!
Rad boar, you're gonna love it.
but I gotta say... I don't love that plug placement.

Feb 13, 2022
San Diego
Rad boar, you're gonna love it.
but I gotta say... I don't love that plug placement.
Agreed. I think the pad placement is a little far up for my liking too.

Surfed it in 2ft slop this morning. It groveled better than I thought it would. It started to come alive on a few bowly sections. I can't wait to get on a bigger open face. The NVS uprights actually felt good. I got them to whistle on a few turns, its been a while since I've ridden FCS.

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Agreed. I think the pad placement is a little far up for my liking too.

Surfed it in 2ft slop this morning. It groveled better than I thought it would. It started to come alive on a few bowly sections. I can't wait to get on a bigger open face. The NVS uprights actually felt good. I got them to whistle on a few turns, its been a while since I've ridden FCS.
If you're digging it, that's great. I personally couldn't get mine to grovel anywhere close to my CI NB2 and when I was on waves where it performed, had my back foot right up against the pad's kick. If you feel like you may be missing out on all the design has to offer, you could always remove the pad and surf leashless to see if you prefer the board with your foot farther back. You'd probably be out $80 for moving the plug to one of the wings and putting a new pad over the existing plug.IMG_1810.jpg

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Fwiw I find my twinsman goes great at lined up reefs regardless of wave size (shocker, I know). More important to be lined up as to allow chasing down bowls, etc.

Never had issues gaining speed or high lining like I’m on a fish until the bowl presents itself.

i have very little BB experience with it.

Feb 13, 2022
San Diego
If you're digging it, that's great. I personally couldn't get mine to grovel anywhere close to my CI NB2 and when I was on waves where it performed, had my back foot right up against the pad's kick. If you feel like you may be missing out on all the design has to offer, you could always remove the pad and surf leashless to see if you prefer the board with your foot farther back. You'd probably be out $80 for moving the plug to one of the wings and putting a new pad over the existing plug.View attachment 139147
I only paddled out on it today because it was new to me. Ill be saving it for better days from now on. I also love my NB2 and agree that it grovels better. My avg joe and black baron are my small wave boards. Ill probably replace those with the plasmic soon.

My foot wanted to go further back on a few backside turns today, ill be moving the pad back for sure. I prefer a larger arch and grippier pad anyway. My back toe hurts really bad if I go without a pad. Ill make do with the current leash plug location. What Ive done in the past is just cut the pad in a way that allows it to sit basically over the leash plug.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
If you're digging it, that's great. I personally couldn't get mine to grovel anywhere close to my CI NB2 and when I was on waves where it performed, had my back foot right up against the pad's kick. If you feel like you may be missing out on all the design has to offer, you could always remove the pad and surf leashless to see if you prefer the board with your foot farther back. You'd probably be out $80 for moving the plug to one of the wings and putting a new pad over the existing plug.View attachment 139147
Like that light green. What color did you order from varial ?

Reactions: ChaseTMP

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Dailing in board dimensions. Matt designed an outstanding board for me. I got it last week. It goes really well, better than expected. I am so pleased by the board's performance. This is part of ongoing board iteration related to skinny 5'8"x18.25" Twinsman, 6'0"x18.25" Sterlana, 5' 7"x19" Bullet Twin, and 5' 9"x19"Modtwin.

It is 5' 9"x18.5"x2.38" Bullet Twin, small Gemini fins go perfect with it. I can't say enough good things about it.
2042C422-FB90-4BEA-8603-5FB8B9D0C681.png

EB35C21F-88D4-4579-BC1C-475B761CB05C.png