Album Surfboards

Jan 28, 2011
NC
Stopped by a local shop the other day and they have 3 stock Twinsmans on the rack. $850 a pop. 5’4”, 5’6” and 5’8”

Not sure if they ship but just in case anyone is interested: Sweetwater Surf Shop, Wrightsville Beach, NC

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
I ahould have tried plasmic + AMT sooner.

will bang again. And again.
Great to know! My interest is piqued now to try these in my Plasmic, when I surf it again. Any more insights in the performance change?

I have been using the AMTs along with the smaller Geminis in my 5' 7" Bullet twin with lots of success. The smaller Geminis give the Bullet Twin more drive, good hold, for longer turns, whereas the AMTs allow for quicker turns with good hold. I prefer the AMTs marginally over the Geminis for the Bullet Twin,

I have mostly been surfing my 5' 6" Disorder (happy with the NVS fins) and skinny 5' 8" RT Twinsman. I am tinkering with fins on the skinny RT Twinsman. For the Twinsman, the Akilas are fun, though a bit loose. The smaller Geminis were good, a little bit too much hold, prefer the Akilas more. AMTs are next to try, based on how they work on the Bullet Twin, as well as the Rastas. FYI multitude of fins work on the skinny Twinsman, whereas the Bullet Twins only the Geminis/AMTs seem best.

Last edited:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Great to know! My interest is piqued now to try these in my Plasmic, when I surf it again. Any more insights in the performance change?
easier turn initiation off the bottom while still smooth on the cutback was what I noticed.

board is really fast and extra cant helps turn.

what cant is an AO?

Reactions: Aruka and j_mac

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
Went with a friend to a shop this weekend and felt up a twinsman for the first time, damn that thing was chunky. I talked my bud into getting a 5'9 xtr lightbender to replace a 5'6 stretch twin fish he beat to hell over probably 1000+ sessions.

873$ flat after tax, summer discount, and shipping to EC for xtr with full color, requested 8.0 heavy glass.