Album Surfboards

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
right, but it's just the fact that they're in the racks of every local shop?
Personally, I havent ridden one is 10 yrs, but I understand the enduring popularity among older bros, since we grew up with CIs under the feet of TC, Slates, Dane, Jordy, and all the top guys.
But I'm baffled by who is moving the needle for CI shortboards among younger than 30 y.o. surfers. The Gudangs? Parker Coffin? Booby Quad? Do the kids care about dadbod Dane? M-Feb aint selling HPSBs.
Devon howard is the answer

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
Had put in an order for a 5'6" sunstone months back at xtr. Grabbed it earlier. Pretty flat deck with some chunk in the middle that bevels down. In xtr fashion the color is off, but shape overall feels good.

View attachment 137206
View attachment 137205
This will help you prep for surfing that board.

• Love
Reactions: trifish and j_mac

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Calling all twinsman riders... what are you all using for fins?

Having trouble finding something that clicks with my twinsquishman.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Calling all twinsman riders... what are you all using for fins?

Having trouble finding something that clicks with my twinsquishman.
You tried and didn’t like the album x Shapers PT or NVS Album upright (apparently they are the same template)? I really like the Shapers PTs in TM and Townsend… even LightBlender and 6’6 PlasmidEgg (RT).

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
I didn't love them but they're probably the best I've tried so far. Maybe tied with the Machado quad fronts that I experimented with today. The twinsman has a pretty narrow tail and the fins are wayyyyy back.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I think the TA twins were my fav in the twinsman.

NVS Album twin felt decent but a little small.

Still have yet to try the Shapers Album AR's but I think they would go good.

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
Also, still running Geminis successfully, but still want something with more sweep / tip. Dragging my feet on pulling the trigger on fins after that shockingly expensive board purchase.