Album Surfboards

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Supposedly it never made it under his feet and was given to then Outerknown and Slater Designs rider Sebastian Williams.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
To quote Matt, "It basically is the goat - just kinda updated. "

That varial one has tempted me as well. Dimensionally it's touch small but I think it'd work.
Would like to feel one up. I’ve always been curious about the Fascination asym fish too.
Just gonna leave this here…

Reactions: jkb

dcurbelo

OTF status
Jan 27, 2011
Atlantic Ocean
To quote Matt, "It basically is the goat - just kinda updated. "

That varial one has tempted me as well. Dimensionally it's touch small but I think it'd work.
Aruka, the shape boasts foam all around. Particularly from the middle to the tip. Pronounced beak nose. Foil in the tail is much more performance oriented.
I got the stock 5'8 from the Varial site and I could have easily gone an inch or even two shorter. Its performance outline helps to mask those 2 extra liters.
I must say that is a curious mix of performance and alternative shape both in the way it looks and feels under the arm, as well as how it feels in the water. Easy to ride but without losing its performance potential. I'm riding it with the NVS Album quad and see no reason to alter it.
I'm 5'9. DD 28.8-29.5 L.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Aruka, the shape boasts foam all around. Particularly from the middle to the tip. Pronounced beak nose. Foil in the tail is much more performance oriented.
I got the stock 5'8 from the Varial site and I could have easily gone an inch or even two shorter. Its performance outline helps to mask those 2 extra liters.
I must say that is a curious mix of performance and alternative shape both in the way it looks and feels under the arm, as well as how it feels in the water. Easy to ride but without losing its performance potential. I'm riding it with the NVS Album quad and see no reason to alter it.
I'm 5'9. DD 28.8-29.5 L.
That's good to hear. I haven't had a dedicated quad in a long time but I've been jonesing for one. I've only ridden the one Asym (townsend) which I quite like. I have so many good boards around that size in the daily driver/hybrid category (plasmic east, twinsman, sharpeye DC, etc) that it's hard to justify trying anything else. It's on the list though. I was planning on getting a Bullet at some point but this one is more interesting.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
That's good to hear. I haven't had a dedicated quad in a long time but I've been jonesing for one. I've only ridden the one Asym (townsend) which I quite like. I have so many good boards around that size in the daily driver/hybrid category (plasmic east, twinsman, sharpeye DC, etc) that it's hard to justify trying anything else. It's on the list though. I was planning on getting a Bullet at some point but this one is more interesting.
The GOAT works! I agree that NVS quad fins work best, though others are equally fun.

I still haven't figured out the Bullet Twin. It, on the other hand, is sensitive to fin choice.

Reactions: tedshred5