Album Surfboards

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
how gey should I be for the goat if I love the insanity??
I think the front end is similar to the Insanity, its the back end that differs. I sold my 5' 9" Insanity so I can't do more comparisons. I do have my measurements for the Insanity, as I measure all my boards.

5' 9" (stock)x19..25x2.4 (30.5L) had tail width of 14.75" @12" up, and nose width of 14.1" @12" down. Tail lift was 1.6" and nose lift 4.75". You can see similarities with the GOAT - similar rocker. Insanity has a slightly narrower nose, and 1" narrower tail relative to the Goat. Note I use the center of the board of the GOAT owing to the asymmetry.

The wider tail of the GOAT allows it to work better in smaller waves than the Insanity.

For me, the Insanity is a good board, I want a shorter one because of its forward volume.

• Love
Reactions: racer1

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I think the front end is similar to the Insanity, its the back end that differs. I sold my 5' 9" Insanity so I can't do more comparisons. I do have my measurements for the Insanity, as I measure all my boards.

5' 9" (stock)x19..25x2.4 (30.5L) had tail width of 14.75" @12" up, and nose width of 14.1" @12" down. Tail lift was 1.6" and nose lift 4.75". You can see similarities with the GOAT - similar rocker. Insanity has a slightly narrower nose, and 1" narrower tail relative to the Goat. Note I use the center of the board of the GOAT owing to the asymmetry.

The wider tail of the GOAT allows it to work better in smaller waves than the Insanity.

For me, the Insanity is a good board, I want a shorter one because of its forward volume.
this is helpful thank you

i do ride my insanity in small waves and it works pretty good in my opinion

Reactions: j_mac

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
The watermans glassed boards look the highest quality :shaka:they dont do pizza box stains
a couple of my PUs are theirs. Definitely highest of the 3 shops album uses. If I was getting a new stoke boar, I would only get one of theirs. Unfortunately, I noticed they don’t always specify the glass shop for every boar on the site.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
a couple of my PUs are theirs. Definitely highest of the 3 shops album uses. If I was getting a new stoke boar, I would only get one of theirs. Unfortunately, I noticed they don’t always specify the glass shop for every boar on the site.
Loner surf club is high quality as well. I'm told those guys have waterman's guild lineage.

Reactions: oeste858 and Havoc

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
did you finger out who gassed your stoke pu twinsman?