Album Surfboards

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
but but but these have series III foil. Tech bro side rejoices over the application of NACA tables.

i have to be one of the more complex concoctions of hipster anti counter culture soy boy rockabilly soul tech bro punk rock vegetarian only at home surfers out there.
31C60732-1F50-4BC2-BBC2-DD8E914D0692.gif

you're an enigma. what's the current facial hair situation?

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
r u vejan?
Nope, just a wife refuses to cook meat bc she finds animals cute. Doesn’t mind if I make it myself but I perfer to eat what is already cooked.

View attachment 132243

you're an enigma. what's the current facial hair situation?
lolll. unkept until work meetings dictate otherwise.

think of the transformations of Martin Sheen in Apocolypse Now.
:roflmao:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Just stopping by to rave about the 6’4 PlasmEgg (blunt-nosed Plasmid roundtail). Back on it for last 2 surfs after a couple months.
You guys are blowin it. Just order a copy of this one if you want:
A) crowdkiller / cheater
B) catches anything knee-high and up
C) slide the glide hipster chit
D) buttery turns from the tail
E) magic Plasmic channel sorcery
F) all the above… a.k.a. the perfect summer boar

View attachment 132230View attachment 132232View attachment 132231
I need to go humping with this in the water

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
IMO Both fairly flat/low entry rocker and catch waves early and good for crowd killin and for planing speed in weak/soft waves and zooming around sections.
If you’re considering both around the same length, I’d look at it like…
Plasmid: chunkier tail with bonzer-lite channel is better for turns. Can be surfed more aggressively from the tail.
Dankness: glide for cruisin and swooping carves on shoulder. I surf mine more from the middle than the tail, as use it as a mini miniglider
Thanks, dude. That 7'5 Halibut I got from Burch is probably pretty similar to the Darkness. It cruises and glides forever. However, I'm going back to the UK for the first time in 3 years next week, and I need a summer board. There aren't any Plasmids there, but I've found some nice Plasmics, Twinsman and Darkness. I've always wanted a Twinsman, but it wouldn't get much summer action, the Plasmic sounds fun, but I'm not super stoked on super short boards, so that's why the Darkness calls. There's also the option of a ThickLizzy in the mix. Dunno what to do!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MathDebater

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Thanks, dude. That's 7'5 Halibut I got from Burch is probably pretty similar to the Darkness. It cruises and glides forever. However, I'm going back to the UK for the first time in 3 years next week, and I need a summer board. There aren't any Plasmids there, but I've found some nice Plasmics, Twinsman and Darkness. I've always wanted a Twinsman, but it wouldn't get much summer action, the Plasmic sounds fun, but I'm not super stoked on super short boards, so that's why the Darkness calls. There's also the option of a ThickLizzy in the mix. Dunno what to do!
UK waves = darkness

• Love
Reactions: Goodfish

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
picked up a stock 6'4 moonstone yesterday. first surf was a freaking blast at a north county right. great balance of nimble response and longer rail.
Great board, so much fun. Its been hard to get off mine.
Awesome! Ironically I chatted with Matt this week about a custom Moonstone in the 5' 10" length. I hope goes as well in the shorter length.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
This vid features Freestone on what looks like maybe a (RP) Freewing, Looks like a pretty sic ride!