Album Surfboards

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
You’re on my path. The twinsman did me better. Still find it to favor the front foot especially compared to the RCP, for example.

i don’t miss the lightbender at all. too much foam up front and also swing weight for quick hits.

Varial site are infused glassed at Varial. Album site is… anyones guess but certainly not likely infused glass.

infused mo betta than pizza stains.
Really, you think? Didn't know that Varial did anything besides infused glass. I would have bet that they are.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Really, you think? Didn't know that Varial did anything besides infused glass. I would have bet that they are.
maybe I wrote that weird.

if you buy a custom varial album direct from album, it used to be hand laminated.

if you buy a custom Varial album direct from Varial, it will be infused glass.

if you buy a stock Varial from Album direct, ymmv. The latest batch show infused glass lams.

i think

Last edited:
Reactions: MathDebater

dcurbelo

OTF status
Jan 27, 2011
Atlantic Ocean
Anyone could provide me with some feedback on the Plasmic vs Sunstone at similar length?
I’ve been eyeing a 5’4 Varial Plasmic for a while but I’m hesitating between these two.
Seems to me that Plasmic projects more and ask for a skatey ride whereas Sunstone bottom design and outline tends towards drawing more classic fishy lines… ?
Brands are getting greedier. Is it me or this Memorial passed with minimum impact on sales offers. Varial and Album sites went muted and the rest I usually check, basically just free shipping option.
No bueno!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Anyone could provide me with some feedback on the Plasmic vs Sunstone at similar length?
I’ve been eyeing a 5’4 Varial Plasmic for a while but I’m hesitating between these two.
Seems to me that Plasmic projects more and ask for a skatey ride whereas Sunstone bottom design and outline tends towards drawing more classic fishy lines… ?
Brands are getting greedier. Is it me or this Memorial passed with minimum impact on sales offers. Varial and Album sites went muted and the rest I usually check, basically just free shipping option.
No bueno!
Never ridden a sunstone but honestly I simply cannot imagine a board going better and making more fun than the Plasmic on head high and below surf (except for the original CI Pod).

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
You’re on my path. The twinsman did me better. Still find it to favor the front foot especially compared to the RCP, for example.

i don’t miss the lightbender at all. too much foam up front and also swing weight for quick hits.

Varial site are infused glassed at Varial. Album site is… anyones guess but certainly not likely infused glass.

infused mo betta than pizza stains.
Still looking forward to getting a properly-sized twinsman to make a fair comparison... But I don't experience any lack of reactivity in the LB. Makes me think your LB is too big. Or... What construction?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Still looking forward to getting a properly-sized twinsman to make a fair comparison... But I don't experience any lack of reactivity in the LB. Makes me think your LB is too big. Or... What construction?
Stonk 5’7 Pu/pe. was not “too big”, I have this complaint with all foam forward designs for deceblnt to good waves.

i naybe would have liked an Asher Pacey squished down one but otherwise float was fine. much prefer my slimed 5’5 plasmic.

Last edited:
Reactions: j_mac and SixtyGrit

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Did you have the same complaint about pyzel's ghost?
Ive definitely noticed it on my ghost, which is at my height - 6’1. I rarely ride it but that’s bc I rarely have waves that suit it.

fwiw I have a 6’2 blackbird that the ghost did not replace.

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
No bueno!
I have a 5’4” Plasmic and like it. To me it’s most fun in waist to maybe a bit overhead. I would recommend getting it at your normal volume, but that’s just me. I think with the chunky rails and wide point forward you don’t need to volume up too much. Never tried a sunstone but would like too. Also looks very fun.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I think I’m with racer in liking the NVS albums the most in the twinsman.

TA twin was nice for driving across flats but ultimately felt like too much fin when it counted.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I think I’m with racer in liking the NVS albums the most in the twinsman.

TA twin was nice for driving across flats but ultimately felt like too much fin when it counted.
You said you were told it’s the same template as the Shapers ones? I been telling you clowns for months to stop f’n around with other fins. Set it n forget it!

• Haha
Reactions: jkb and MathDebater