Album Surfboards

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
This seems like a good deal within the context in which we move today... sure it does look sharp.
Varial foam on this one.

I guess when a used poly with a teeny weeny bit o' color is $1050 on Album's site, that's not too crazy.

I want to try a carbon Varial. If I would have known how much I'd love my 5'8 Stamps Flare I would have spent the additional to get it in carbon. I assume as it is I can expect it to last years. My Varial CI NB2 (infused poly) will be three this July and still looks and rides great. The Stamps just did what the NB2 did, but better IMO, so the NB2 is on back-up status.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Anyone else feel bad for the schmuck who bought the 8lb poly blank entropy epoxy carbon?

kinda looks like Varial waited for it to sell before adding the Varial blank carbon boars.

coincidence?
shady.

i wanna try that 5-10 Goat but i can't justify it ATM. need to sell one more board and then maybe.

Reactions: j_mac and oeste858

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
C,mon Man ;-)

Nothing to do with the board , but when you have options this is more exciting than that surf

My opinion :drowning:
to each their own. I grew up riding and was obsessive about it. Now I’d rather go for a surf even if it’s tiny. That said ebiked ftw, they’ve made me fall back in love with riding a bit.

Reactions: Aruka and Havoc

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Can anyone comment on the twinsman round pin? I know someone recently picked one up but I can't remember who.
I just got a skinny roundtail Twinsman. Its a 5' 8"x18.25"X2.38" 28.5L. It is working really well. I don't know why but it seems to have more lower end than my 5' 7"x19" Bullet Twin. And it doesn't feel like a 5' 8" more like a 5' 6" or 5' 5". It has narrower nose than the typical Twinsman. I will take comparison pictures later. I did a surf trip down south and surfed a bunch of spots along the way. I grabbed this board the most! Not sure what magic Matt did with this, but I didn't expect the board in smaller dimensions to work so well. I love the narrowness of the board. It is still a bit premature in giving it a proper review, but I am stoked on it. It has that electric feel. I also got a narrower 5' 6"x18.38"x2.38" (27.5) Disorder which also feels really good, but preferring the skinny Twinsman. Ironically the Disorder feels like more volume than the Twinman. I was worried when Matt suggested these dimension as he pushed the bar farther, when usually I am the one nudging for more performance. My other boards feel like boats now - haha! More to follow...

dcurbelo

OTF status
Jan 27, 2011
Atlantic Ocean
5' 8" skinny Twinsman versus 5' 7" Bullet Twin

I like what I'm seeing. Interesting and unexpected path you are taking there. Keep us tracked pls.
I'm curious to know if the idea to go narrower came off Matt's brain.
I'm starting to envision a RP performance TM wrapped in sweet cabrono.

Reactions: j_mac

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Those look awesome. Was eyeing a twinsman round pin but then Varial very graciously let me order a custom Christenson so I ripped a 5’8 round tail lane splitter. P.s. I think they’re starting to take Christenson customs but you didn’t hear it from me.

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
have a stock 5'4" x 19.25" x 2.32" twinsman; just ordered a 5'9" x 18.88" x 2.35" beak nose twinsman with the goal of something with more paddle power / rail line

will report back when i get and ride the board!!!!!!

FYI besides the cost (duh) ordering experience from album so far has been awesome -- super responsive and matt was happy to talk through all my questions via email/phone

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
el oeste returned my dank farts balance today and he brought his asym symphony to compare to my mitsimmons.

Trippy board but looks sick. Business in back party in the front is what I call it. Should have snapped some pitchers. we're gonna swap bores in a month or so cause we like swapping sticks