Album Surfboards

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Glassing issues are probably for getting big fast.
They aren't.

You guys are making it more than it is. He doesn’t give a sh!t?
He's still mostly using the same glass shop.

Additionally Waterman's Guild, who does an excellent product from what I've heard.

When QC issues start popping up and good glassers leave, the shapers that want to make a quality product move their accounts.

Last edited:

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
Update on my 5'11 punksanity xtr 8.0

Holy titas this thing is fun...

Waves- lonnnnnng left tropical point. Not as walled as it normally is (weird full moon tide)-- but consistent chest-overhead waves with some pacific power. Fast.

Another lonnnng left point--same conditions but a bit slower wave. Lots of crowd at both.

Boar- paddles almost as good as my 6'5 ledge. Gets in super early and I can compete with just about anyone on getting waves-- other than the 15 yo local rippers that are like speedboats paddling around.

Hates an unwalled wave but if there's any bit of wall this thing flies. Lots of inherent speed built in, but this is one of the looser boards I've ridden with Christensen uprights in. Surprisingly I feel like it wants to go vertical on turns and stay in the pocket-- but i can send it down the line with one big pump, but do want to see if my geminis will give it a bit more drive.

Hoping to ride the ledge tomorrow for a comparison assuming the swell steps up. The Ledge is stiffer for sure and has a narrower tail but has a butt load more drive due to the rail line.

The punksanity feels exactly like my ledge squished down with a wider/not as bladey tail.

Will post pics and video's later with better signal

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Update on my 5'11 punksanity xtr 8.0

Holy titas this thing is fun...

Waves- lonnnnnng left tropical point. Not as walled as it normally is (weird full moon tide)-- but consistent chest-overhead waves with some pacific power. Fast.

Another lonnnng left point--same conditions but a bit slower wave. Lots of crowd at both.

Boar- paddles almost as good as my 6'5 ledge. Gets in super early and I can compete with just about anyone on getting waves-- other than the 15 yo local rippers that are like speedboats paddling around.

Hates an unwalled wave but if there's any bit of wall this thing flies. Lots of inherent speed built in, but this is one of the looser boards I've ridden with Christensen uprights in. Surprisingly I feel like it wants to go vertical on turns and stay in the pocket-- but i can send it down the line with one big pump, but do want to see if my geminis will give it a bit more drive.

Hoping to ride the ledge tomorrow for a comparison assuming the swell steps up. The Ledge is stiffer for sure and has a narrower tail but has a butt load more drive due to the rail line.

The punksanity feels exactly like my ledge squished down with a wider/not as bladey tail.

Will post pics and video's later with better signal
Sorry, what is a punksanity? Insanity + what?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA

man, GTFO with your long tropical left points!
Sigh, I surfed knee-high slop today. I'm so jelly.