Album Surfboards

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Tedshred5 and SBD garages are now locations 4 and 5 for boar storage. Can’t believe they figured that out. Great idea about labeling the bags with random names! Stocked to trade, try different boars, and compare notes. Most of my friends that sarf could care less about boar design. I’m out here tryin to do my own research!

The rest of you clowns, stop dicking around with Twinsman fins:
Set it… n forget it!
[Also, they are probably the most reasonably priced thing you can yolo from albums site]
Love them in TM , LB, and Townsend

Edit: YMMV
seriously though I yolo'd a set and I don't even know if they'll work in my twin. they're gorgeous.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
You will sarf 13% better than on the nvs.

edit: jk. No experience with nvs. When I’m not on the Shapers, I’m all about PacVibes fins, bro
Template looks quite similar.

been tempted to modify my NVS set and clip it’s dew claw from the trailing edge using the Zach Flores trailing edge as a template.

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Finally cracked the code for my Insanity. I've been worried that this was going to be a $1,100 let down, which would have been a bitter pill to swallow. In the last month I've tried,

Stretch quad fins. OK, not great
Rasta quads. Eh
Blackstix 2 + 1. Too chipmunky
Son of Cobra twins + trailer. Way too stiff

But now I've found the winner. I put in a pair of Carl Cox fins with a trailer and wuh-bam, magic! Fast, fast, fast but still holding in beautifully on the steep sections. Whip saw turns with plenty of control, brilliant fun. First time I've ever been excited to grab my Insanity off the rack. One thing about paying $1,100 for a shred stick is you don't ditch it after a few meh sessions, you're pretty committed to that thing.

Might still use the Stretch quad fins if I go to the Ments or something. They felt the second best, but this 2+1 setup has made the board shine for me.

fins.jpg

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
just ordered a set of these: https://shaperssurf.com/shapers-x-album-all-rounder-twin/

meant for the Plasmic it says..they look like the TA twins but with the nub smoothed off. I really like the TA's but my set is getting pretty haggard.

i also got a set of the Twuster fins because I've wanted to try them for a long time but they've always been out of stock.

code for 25% off: BFSHAPERS

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
just ordered a set of these: https://shaperssurf.com/shapers-x-album-all-rounder-twin/

meant for the Plasmic it says..they look like the TA twins but with the nub smoothed off. I really like the TA's but my set is getting pretty haggard.

i also got a set of the Twuster fins because I've wanted to try them for a long time but they've always been out of stock.

Hmm. You just have to be different, don’t ya? Those shipping from Oz?
Looks like a slightly fuller tip. Now I guess we’re gonna need an AR vs. PT comparison.

Reactions: Aruka

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

Do you mean TA twin fiberglass set? I really like this set works great and other set I have similiar is the Fins Unlimited 2 win set.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Thanks for asking this! I am curious about this board as well. Not sure it fits my preference, but love to hear more about it, especially since the waves were subpar lately.
I'm sure I posted pics of mine way back in this thread. Mine's 7'0 quad (not twin) and does great on those dribble days when I just wanna get wet and it's marginal out there. IMO, it's rocker & outline are like a mini glider: really nice trim and glide down the line. I haven't surfed it much above waist-high, but it does carve alright with the shorter midlength and quad setup. It has a single fin box too, but I doubt I'll use that. It does just what I got it for, but i bet a twin setup and shorter length would free it up even more if you wanted more versatility.

Dec 15, 2019
I have had 3 darkness all were 2+1. I haven't jumped fully into the twin band wagon yet. Two have worked great one was just terrible not sure what was up? and sold it. Almost the same exact dims as the other two. It was off the floor other two custom. Lots of glide work great in different ranges. Got a Twnsed to replace it, but Towns works best in size and juice I have found it not as wide range Midlength or good for dribble small weak waves. This is 7'2 i got for my GF that I kind of taken over. Really funbiggy B.jpg

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I'm sure I posted pics of mine way back in this thread. Mine's 7'0 quad (not twin) and does great on those dribble days when I just wanna get wet and it's marginal out there. IMO, it's rocker & outline are like a mini glider: really nice trim and glide down the line. I haven't surfed it much above waist-high, but it does carve alright with the shorter midlength and quad setup. It has a single fin box too, but I doubt I'll use that. It does just what I got it for, but i bet a twin setup and shorter length would free it up even more if you wanted more versatility.
wait how many albums do you have now?