Album Surfboards

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
6’7 Townsend is my only asym and I run the Album x Shapers performance twin fins (which are apparently meant for Townsend and Twinsman). Goes great; highly doubt I could tell difference with an asym twin set. I’ve also used them in 6’4 PlasmEgg too.
I would message album for fin recs

Last edited:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I’ve liked a lot of different fins in my albums.

Usually in the 20-21 sq-in sizes and pivot templates.

i think the boars pretty friendly to fins and you will either like them or you won’t. at least my experience on the fishy sized ones.

Reactions: Havoc and trifish

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Yeah, you were just too slow when Bird Rock Surf shop had them OTR!
Still blows my mind that it was cheaper through a retail channel than direct from album. LOL
i tried to go back and yolo the 5'8 lightspeed RNF96 they had in the shop, but that got sold beforehand too. #tooslowtothedraw

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
@trifish - which XTR glassing option did you go with? Are you happy with the weight and overall finish?
I always go with 8.C. It never steers me wrong. Lighter than PU but not to the point of being crazy light. Their finishes have never been a problem for me other than their Gray's turning out purple. I like their faux resin add on. Cheap upgrade that makes the overall finish look better. I used to only go white, but they started yellowing on me so now I only order color. I'd say their finishes are not wall hangers, but are solid for guys that use there boards a lot. No complaints here.

Oh BTW, you can send them an image also to help with coloring. The times I've done that the finish was much more what I was expecting color wise.

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
I always go with 8.C. It never steers me wrong. Lighter than PU but not to the point of being crazy light. Their finishes have never been a problem for me other than their Gray's turning out purple. I like their faux resin add on. Cheap upgrade that makes the overall finish look better. I used to only go white, but they started yellowing on me so now I only order color. I'd say their finishes are not wall hangers, but are solid for guys that use there boards a lot. No complaints here.

Oh BTW, you can send them an image also to help with coloring. The times I've done that the finish was much more what I was expecting color wise.
Regarding finish I agree with what’s said here. Got the faux resin tint on my Plasmic the rail band was not perfectly symmetric and it looked like there were some pencil marks or imperfections on the board in some places. All cosmetic stuff that no one would notice unless you really inspected it.

I got the 8.0 glassing with a wood stringer and liked it. Maybe a tad lighter than PU. Quite durable compared to how I put pressures all over my PU boards but not completely pressure dent resistant.

I thought XTRs customer service was great and they were super responsive to emails.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Fins not at the standard 11 - 3 1/2 Maybe :) Incut adding pressure on the wing too .

http://instagr.am/p/Caii1wZPpsK/
Saw that and the cynic in me thought they just needed to find a way to fit his new futures thruster fin set in a Twinsman… which Futures unfortunately released right as he switched to Album and started riding mostly twins. LOL