Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Just reminding folks that it has happened on my Xtr twinsman, and I still have to talk with the crew there about it
Yours was the first I've heard about one from XTR personally. Maybe others also, but not something i've seen with mine or the group of guys I know that ride them. I'm still relatively new to twins compared to thrusters and the other guys are all thruster guys so thats probably part of it also. Interested in knowing how they end up handling yours.

Reactions: SixtyGrit

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Just reminding folks that it has happened on my Xtr twinsman, and I still have to talk with the crew there about it
That’s fair. Was just surprised at myself. I’ve busted several futures boxes last 2-3 years. When I thought about it, realized they were all PU. None of my EPS, XTR or Varial.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I'm not sure who needs to hear this...
but if anyone is on the fence, my PU 6'1 Twinsman Roundpin (aka TMRP, LOL) with shaper x album's performance twin fins is a blast in the local CH-OH reefs... which is exactly what I yolo'ed it for 14 months ago!
Love the way the foam is distributed, flat deck feels locked in /stable on late drops and in chop/whitewater. Paddles and catches waves great. Plenty speed to get around sections and make up ground. Feels fantastic carving big faces like a hot knife through butter. The roundpin locks into the pocket when you want it to. Never skids out, even on some sketchy bigger (for me) OH conditions when I previously would've been on a longer thruster. I think the only time I've even fallen the last 3 sessions was when I tried to half-ass a midface turn and lean it rather than push. These rails wanna be buried. compared to my other boars, definitely has a unique rail foil as it drops down from the flat deck.
Anyway, just felt like I clicked with it right away and it always surfs so intuitively for me.
One of faves.

edit: maybe rethinking my dream of an all-plasmic quiver with an all-twinsman quiver. maybe twinsmans with plasmic channels??
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
but if anyone is on the fence, my PU 6'1 Twinsman Roundpin (aka TMRP, LOL) with shaper x album's performance twin fins is a blast in the local CH-OH reefs... which is exactly what I yolo'ed it for 14 months ago!
Love the way the foam is distributed, flat deck feels locked in /stable on late drops and in chop/whitewater. Paddles and catches waves great. Plenty speed to get around sections and make up ground. Feels fantastic carving big faces like a hot knife through butter. The roundpin locks into the pocket when you want it to. Never skids out, even on some sketchy bigger (for me) OH conditions when I previously would've been on a longer thruster. I think the only time I've even fallen the last 3 sessions was when I tried to half-ass a midface turn and lean it rather than push. These rails wanna be buried. compared to my other boars, definitely has a unique rail foil as it drops down from the flat deck.
Anyway, just felt like I clicked with it right away and it always surfs so intuitively for me.
One of faves.

edit: maybe rethinking my dream of an all-plasmic quiver with an all-twinsman quiver. maybe twinmans with plasmic channels??
Nice! My dream quiver is moving toward the Twinsman/Bulllet/Insanity variations. I can't stop surfing my Twinsman. The PLASMIC EAST arrived and is just sitting in the corner untouched, which is uncharacteristic. Tomorrow looks like a good to try it out.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
One of faves.

edit: maybe rethinking my dream of an all-plasmic quiver with an all-twinsman quiver. maybe twinmans with plasmic channels??
Is your PUTMRP stock dims?

• Haha
Reactions: oeste858