Album Surfboards

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Phew. @j_mac curious your height and weight.
So you’re at 5’6 TM & 5’4 Plasmic & 5’7 Plasmic East. Let us know how you like the EAST. Been eyeing those stock ones but so far resisting the urge.
I am amazed that haven't purchased a Plasmic EAST yet:)! Will do on reporting back. I will send a picture later to nudge - haha!

I am 5' 8.5" and around 168lbs, and continuing to drop weight.

My current shorter board quiver...5' 4" Plasmic, 5' 4" Wills Fish, 5' 6" Twinsman, 5' 6" Disorder (custom waiting), 5' 7" Plasmic EAST, 5' 7" mashup Bullet/Insanity (custom waiting), 5' 9" Insanity, 5' 10" CC Lane Splitter

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
twin would be the last thing I'd want to ride in bog surf. that's just like my opinion, man
I hear ya, and was a little nervous the first session, but they (6'1 Twinsman roundpin / 6'7 Townsend) go great in the spots I surf when it’s OH. Probably similar to MD’s spots (and likely some of the same ones), these are not giant and not gnarly slabs.

edit: since I've been riding twins 90%, it's nice to not have much adjustment in that respect when the swell jumps up. Yet to slide out on these, despite initial concerns. Great hold, speed, and the carves on big faces feel fantastic.

Last edited:

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I hear ya, and was a little nervous the first session, but they (Twinsman roundpin / Townsend) go great in the spots I surf when it’s OH. Probably similar to MD’s spots (and likely some of the same ones), these are not giant and not gnarly slabs.
Same. I rode my new VS twin altstap most of last weeks swell, the biggest day had plenty of 8-10' waves and it handled them like a champ. I don't really do tiger shredz in bigger waves but it made it in and out of a couple barrels/steep sections no prob. If I was a baller yoloin' my way through albums website I'd probably give that board a try for maxing days at my usual spots.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
@Woke AF @Sauce what size wave range you guys riding the Ledge in? Strictly OH+?
Carves as well as just drop+pull-in? How does it handle chop or sloppy conditions?
...I've been impressed how the Townsend loves carving big faces

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
@Woke AF @Sauce what size wave range you guys riding the Ledge in? Strictly OH+?
Carves as well as just drop+pull-in? How does it handle chop or sloppy conditions?
...I've been impressed how the Townsend loves carving big faces
Drop in pull in is it's bread and butter. Carves well especially backside. I have been having a hard time getting my foot back far enough but that is me. I've had cheater 5 barrel riding on the brain lately.
Chop/slop does very well in.
I Forgot, HH and plus. Haven't tried it in weak waves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
Less than head high waves- paddles amazing and steals all the waves, but does not plane well with the pulled in tail. Get in early, get barreled, big floater but that's about it. I do like cranking a backside cutback though. Bu the longer rail line in small waves makes it a burden to turn

Headhigh+ beack break-- love it. Get in early, get barreled, always holds. Choppy or not its good to go. Don't like it in mush very much again due to the pulled in tail.

Overhead central americam points--- no better board. Full turning capability at speed, carves, always holds, blistering speed, loose with the twins, stable, and all the down the line drive you could want.

I rock the geminis in it and have no desire to change them. My punksanity I just got is pretty much my ledge squished down 6" with wider tail for small waves. Personally I feel a quad ledge would be very stiff, the bonzery single fin ones look cool but don't think they'd turn as well

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
ok today I surfed both my Flare and Plasmic. Waves were like chest high maybe, the bigger ones, but better shape and more "surfable". Still mushy and on the smaller side. close call, but I think the Plasmic is more fun overall (twin fin factor). both boards go on sht waves, but the flare feels "slower" up and riding, even though is bigger. you know what, I think it might be the center fin slowing down the board.
ONE thing to take into consideration. my album is supposed to be S glass and I cracked the rail, So like others have said, I'm not so sure about Album's glassing.