Album Surfboards

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
bummer man, that really sucks. What fins were you using? I’ve noticed that he uses some carbon mesh or extra glass on some of his Futures twins. Did yours have that reinforcement? Asking because it helps decision making later when considering a twin fin. Also scares me to put twins in current boards with Futures.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
bummer man, that really sucks. What fins were you using? I’ve noticed that he uses some carbon mesh or extra glass on some of his Futures twins. Did yours have that reinforcement? Asking because it helps decision making later when considering a twin fin. Also scares me to put twins in current boards with Futures.
If you’re worried and want to stick with futures go with a Varial blank...

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
so what's the best glassing on a venereal so that it feels like 6+4/4 pu/pe album?

6+4/6 or 6+6/6+6? latter seems too stiff despite venereal being stringerless.
Fwiw I hav a 6+4/6 Venetian infused glass plastic @5’5 and an otr pu/pe light bender @5’7 guessing it’s 6+4/4 b/c its clear/white but heavy.

Variable is way lighter and nimble.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Agree lightbender is very versatile. I’ve never ridden a bullet tho. Outline and foil looks more traditional HP.

one thing I noticed on the lightbender is I always surf it down the line like a fish even if I’m thinking pocket hits like a more hp board.

I think it has a lot to do with the forward foil.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Still riding the crap out of my vanerial cabron plasmic yEAST version this trip. Big azz fascination twin fins. What a blast. Some denting where my front and rear hoofs go but no dinks and no cracking around the future boxes in this high tech wax melter supreme build.

Going to grab a 5-10 varial carbon twainsman from a member here on my way home after the surf stops pumping here. I think the smaller dims will help with some of the issues i had with my first one but we'll see.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
down the line like a fish even if I’m thinking pocket hits like a more hp board.

I think it has a lot to do with the forward foil.
Agree with ^. I guess that’s what I mean by fishy feel

I see album is starting to note where each stock boar is glassed now. Anyone clocked which one does the pizza box stains so we can avoid that shop for customs? LOL

Reactions: j_mac

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Fwiw I hav a 6+4/6 Venetian infused glass plastic @5’5 and an otr pu/pe light bender @5’7 guessing it’s 6+4/4 b/c its clear/white but heavy.

Variable is way lighter and nimble.
so if i want pu/pe feel in venereal what glassing wud work w/o making it too stiff? 6+6/6?
thoguht there were a bunch of venereal duu's heere