Album Surfboards

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Here's a comparison image of the larger (ie 5.79") Asher Pacey fins relative to the NVS uprights. Templates look similar, just a bigger version. I slapped on masking tape on the Asher Pacey's as the black on black didn't show up on the image.

I tried the larger Asher's in the 5' 6" Twinsman this week. It had a bit too much hold for me. I am switching back to the NVS uprights for the Twinsman. I would love to try the 5.59" Ashers.

So far the larger Asher's have worked well as a twin plus trailer on the Insanity in bigger waves, though I am having a bit more fun lately running the Insanity as quad. I enjoyed the larger Ashers on the 5' 10" Twinsman as the board proportional larger than the 5' 6".

2022-01-15 12.48.11.jpg

Jan 12, 2021
[image] https://flic.kr/p/2mXNBhP [image] https://flic.kr/p/2mXPaxs [image] https://flic.kr/p/2mXPau1 Some pics for those interested in the evolution of the plasmic. The Dark Arts one was ordered around 2019 and is around two inches longer, and the white one just came in a few weeks ago and is way more full. The dark arts one I use mostly as a daily driver up to a couple feet overhead and it just absolutely rips. The smaller/newer one seems to handle much smaller waves easier, but feels as lively as my other one, although I need more time to feel it out (it's been pretty flat or too big to ride it here in Hawaii).

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
Initial thoughts on my plasmic. The board felt really good going backside very zippy and quick down the line. Frontside I was kind of struggling which surprised me. Almost felt too thick and chunky going front side so much so I am thinking I could easily have gone down a size or two. Very hard to judge a board off a single surf though. Can’t wait to spend a bit more time on it and feel it out on some better front side waves.

This is my first XTR board. The tech feels really good. I got the wood stringer with 8.0 glassing. Feels lighter than PU and seems solid. Didn’t notice any pressures yet and I’m usually pretty hard in my boards.

I did notice the paint/glass flaked off the stringer at the point of the tail and the stringer is exposed. Not sure if it was a manufacturing issue but emailed XTR to get their opinion on what to do.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
My first session on the plasmic was mixed. It really started making sense after a few sessions. Kinda funny to get used to the fat forward foil.

Reactions: SD_Dan

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
My first session on the plasmic was mixed. It really started making sense after a few sessions. Kinda funny to get used to the fat forward foil.
Yeah it’s really interesting. I can’t wait to try it again. I was really surprised how well it went backside for a twin.

Reactions: j_mac and oeste858

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
This is the best template Album offers , one site said it has a 5.11 base - thats not a keel , correct for its height

why greg?

Reactions: ReForest

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Busted the inside rail finbox on my moonstone out at vland the other day. Was supposed to be that thing's chance at redemption before I schlepped it off on Craigslist. :rolleyes:
If you end up getting it repaired try the Solid CC Especial Keels in it. Those are money in mine. That keel always works for me in everything I seem to toss it in.